• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Kitty91

Kitty91
4 weeks ago#1
This game has some serious issues with crashing . 4 times today the game has closed itself, twice while in a dungeon
Forget the pain you felt in the dream. Go back, back into a nebulous dream!

User Info: Revolver_Raven

Revolver_Raven
4 weeks ago#2
I know there are patches in the works and I think you can use steam's beta feature to opt into them at this point but I otherwise dunno what to tell you. I've logged over 100 hours in the game and haven't experience a single crash or noticeable hiccup I'm either really lucky or you've got an issue with your PC/settings if it is crashing that much.

Only thing I can think of is are you running the game in borderless or windowed? I personally find that full screen doesn't always play nice for me so I run borderless or windowed whenever possible for games and seem to run into fewer issues when i'm running those modes over full screen.

Edit: forgot to mention I'm running borderless myself.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Dredj

Dredj
4 weeks ago#3
Now I think about it.. I'm pretty sure the game would CTD on me but only at the start when I was setting up because I was alt-tabbing trying to figure out how to unlock the FPS, the fix of which is run in borderless window, which also stopped the CTD.

Run the game in borderless.

Kitty91
4 weeks ago#4
I've run the game in borderless from the start

User Info: 1010101010

4 weeks ago#5
I think it's an issue with memory leaks due to it being a 32 bit application. There are methods out there for it to be able to use 4GB of RAM unlike the 2GB it currently uses which may solve the crashing.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: tanjacob715

tanjacob715
4 weeks ago#6
Besides stuttering videos, the game tends to freeze during all out attack. First, there is a ghosted image of the AOA screen, then the game freezes. The problem resolves itself if I click outside the game window and then click on it again.
"This steam has me all flushed." - Yu Narukami, Persona 4

User Info: EgoKiller801

EgoKiller801
4 weeks ago#7
Haven't had any crashes, but I do experience the jittery cutscenes. They aren't that bad for me though, just minor stutters. I haven't had the all out attack issues at all. I had one crash early on but haven't experienced it since. Hopefully they fix this stuff eventually but thankfully I've avoided the worst of it. I've also only been doing fullscreen, not borderless so perhaps that is the difference.
https://i.imgur.com/YOs6vEi.png

Kitty91
3 weeks ago#8
tanjacob715 posted...
Besides stuttering videos, the game tends to freeze during all out attack. First, there is a ghosted image of the AOA screen, then the game freezes. The problem resolves itself if I click outside the game window and then click on it again.

Mines not the screen freezing but the game closing itself completely as if it just does a hard crash with no error

User Info: Blk_Mage_Ctype

Blk_Mage_Ctype
3 weeks ago#9
I've been playing since launch, currently have 44 hours clocked in, and I've never had a single crash.

I used to have stuttering during the cinematic anime cutscenes, but the Beta Patch fixed that.

Now the only issue I have is extreme motion blur with ghosting if I try to run the game at 3840x2160 with 200% Visual Scaling, but that's most likely just a byproduct of the fact that I'm trying to run a port of a PS Vita game which is also a port of a PS2 game at such high settings.
PSA: The acronym PSA stands for Public Service Announcement, not Petty Subjective Assertion, as it would appear that many posters believe based on common usage.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A