• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. I feel like Yukiko's personality is severely underrated

User Info: AlisLandale

AlisLandale
4 weeks ago#1
Like the meme is that she doesn’t have a personality besides laughing at everything, but that’s not true.

She’s got this quiet intensity behind everything she does that nobody else on the IT has. She’s spacey and aloof if there’s nothing serious going on. She’s also prone to really getting into the fun of the occasion that the other girls besides Rise rarely exhibit. She’s also surprisingly competitive.

She just rarely gets a chance to showcase this because her reserved mannerisms leave her prone to getting her scenes upstaged by literally anyone else.

idk why I’m posting this, I’m #ChieAllTheWay, but having just made it to December I’ve been thinking that Yukiko gets seriously overlooked lol
https://i.imgur.com/mptS9Qj.jpg
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: slaighMaccooper

slaighMaccooper
4 weeks ago#2
I like how much she likes ghost stories.

User Info: DrunkMonkGar

DrunkMonkGar
4 weeks ago#3
I agree, people really downplay her.
In Har Ganeth you spare your foes and kill your friends, what do I do when I meet Sethra Veyl? Offer to burn his house down?-Malus Darkblade

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
4 weeks ago#4
A lot of her personality is lost in the dub.

She actually has a very borderline yandere aspect of personality that is lost in translation probably due to A) it's a big jpn trope, which the game is full of (Teddie's -kuma) and B) the english voice actress probably wasn't told she had that. It actually does show how ruthless she can be under the exterior and completely plays on her given name being a snow ghost. Like when she threatens either Kanji or Teddie about bringing up the whole gyakunan thing. Out of the whole cast, she's the one that'll cut Yu's head off first.

User Info: teepan95

teepan95
4 weeks ago#5
She's the best non-Marie girl for a reason

thelocalhentai posted...
A lot of her personality is lost in the dub.

She actually has a very borderline yandere aspect of personality that is lost in translation probably due to A) it's a big jpn trope, which the game is full of (Teddie's -kuma) and B) the english voice actress probably wasn't told she had that. It actually does show how ruthless she can be under the exterior and completely plays on her given name being a snow ghost. Like when she threatens either Kanji or Teddie about bringing up the whole gyakunan thing. Out of the whole cast, she's the one that'll cut Yu's head off first.

It's not that evident, but it's there. For example when you visit the shrine with her while cheating on her and pick "think impure thoughts". The fortune that comes out basically says "you're a cheater" and she reacts this way

"You're not cheating...are you?"
https://i.imgur.com/NlyIzM6.jpg ~ Lara Croft and I, as drawn by Harpie!
'I'm gonna pound a 400 lb woman just to prove teep wrong' - NigerianKnight

User Info: bybyr

bybyr
4 weeks ago#6
Yukiko is one of my favorite character, her character design is the classic yamato nadeshiko type, however personality wise she's a total subversion due to her whimsical nature and she's not a submissive character. I find her a very refreshing character.
Member Since January 9th, 2005: mostly active in Saga Frontier boards. join our group! http://tinyurl.com/Sfgfaqs

User Info: GreenSnake85

GreenSnake85
3 weeks ago#7
Yukiko is okay I guess, I briefly considered going her route, but completely lost all interest when I found out that Chie is secretly a banana-headed dominatrix with amazing boots who gets off on tormenting and enslaving schoolgirls.

To be fair, Yukiko could s*** gold at that point and it probably wouldn't have changed anything.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: FlyinTonite

FlyinTonite
2 weeks ago#8
As a romance option Yukiko is pretty great. She's obviously super enamored with you and she is still pretty shy at the same time which is kind of sweet.

Her personality I think is more subdued because compared to the bubbliness of Rise, the hothead Chie or the stoic and determined Naoto Yukiko on the surface appears to be lacking personality if only because the other women have pretty solid archetypes.
Life is tough, like real tough, like tough plus tough times tough to the power of tough.

User Info: Aeggy

Aeggy
2 weeks ago#9
I love how when you go on a date with Ai, Yukiko can come in and assert dominance

Guess you're now raising MY social link b****
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. I feel like Yukiko's personality is severely underrated
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A