• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Is Megidolaon still terrible in this version?

User Info: Sorontar

Sorontar
1 month ago#1
In the original, Megidolaon was like 8% more damage for right at 2x the sp. Morning Star and Black Viper were equally terrible. Now, I've just gotten my Taotie to upgrade his Megido to Megidola and I'm wondering if it is remotely worth it to upgrade again.

I'm especially curious because I believe the sp cost of Megidola in the original (and the golden Vita release, but I might be wrong there) was 32. It is 24 here. So some tweaks have been made.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: 1010101010

1 month ago#2
Everything about this game points to it being an exact port of the Vita version. I highly doubt anything was changed. I think Vita also had it at 24 SP but all the guides online still show the P4 vanilla costs.

Sorontar
1 month ago#3
It's been too long to remember. I'm guessing Megidolaon is still horrendous then.

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
1 month ago#4
It's still subpar to -dyne and other upper tier elemental skills. Most likely for balance so it doesn't overshadow exploitation of elemental weaknesses and straight up bypassing defenses.

Almighty skills are great for sweeps during gold hand farming and shuffle chaining.

Sorontar
1 month ago#5
Well yes, but I'm referring to the fact in vanilla Megidolaon is 2x the SP cost of Megidola and does 8% more damage. Black Viper and Morning Star are only 2% more than Megidolaon for even more. That's pretty terrible.

User Info: Akira_Kurusu22

Akira_Kurusu22
4 weeks ago#6
Well hey, it's the PC. I haven't tried it yet, but what about the other Megidolaon - skill 0x18A (instead of the normal 0x35 move)? In Persona 5, this did a flat 9999, but in P5 Royal it does scalable damage - often five digit damage.

...Maybe I should put this on my Izanagi, my main fighting Persona, and try it out...

User Info: HA0U

HA0U
4 weeks ago#7
the 9999 megidolaon is used by the enemy boss.
Gott ist tot

User Info: alkarion_log

alkarion_log
3 weeks ago#8
ah skill who ignres all elemental reistances and weakness and you want it to be also over powered on damage?, use elemental break and kill the bosses with that dyne+
FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and some money

User Info: HA0U

HA0U
3 weeks ago#9
there is actually the hidden almighty affinity. some enemies have almighty resistance.
Gott ist tot

Sorontar
3 weeks ago#10
I don't know what this topic has turned into at this point lol...

...but I don't think it's too much to ask for something that costs 100% more SP to do more than 8% more damage. At any rate, that awful dynamic no longer exists.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Is Megidolaon still terrible in this version?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A