• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Why do people hate on Marie? (serious, spoilers)

User Info: Slayer_22

Slayer_22
1 month ago#11
zelos71 posted...

I don't know. He asked why people don't like her, and the least liked characters are usually the ugly ones, regardless of their character. So I'm guessing that's what it is. Others are just hotter.

I don't think it's looks in that case. I mean, Kashiwagi is fairly attractive, and an adult, so most of us should see her as appealing, right? At least, by that logic.
livingdeadrpg.proboards.com
"And no I'm not signing your twitter after this type of attitude so don't ask..." - IIINCORRUPTIBLE

User Info: CW Boi 209

CW Boi 209
1 month ago#12
Marie is an OK character, but her role in the game does feel tacked on for the sake of having new story content. She's very inconsequential to the plot; evidenced by how even if you ignore her link, things still pretty much turn out the same in the end.
i9 9900K | 16GB Corsair Veangance | EVGA RTX 2080 ti XC | Crucial SSD 250GB & 2TB | Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI | NZXT H500i

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
1 month ago#13
I never played the original Persona 4 and i could feel shes an extra character shoehorned into the Golden version.
Now is the hour! Riders of Rohan! Oaths you have taken, now fulfill them all, to lord and land!

User Info: teepan95

teepan95
4 weeks ago#14
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/6/9/0/AAaQveAAAo8K.jpg
Marie is best girl!
I'm gonna pound a 400 lb woman just to prove teep wrong - NigerianKnight

User Info: GreenMagicite

GreenMagicite
4 weeks ago#15
She was an added on character, and as a result got second pickings, more or less.
"Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end. " -Kant

User Info: Nakedbacon

Nakedbacon
4 weeks ago#16
Probably because she’s a pinned on character with a tsundere personality.

I personally don’t mind her though. And while her design looks like something out of hot topic it’s still one of my favorites.

I actually saw this picture on the P5R board the other day and it’s a pretty good representation of what the fans think of her.

https://imgur.com/xRQmOz2
"We get it you vape" - 1Tekkaman

User Info: jerky_666

jerky_666
4 weeks ago#17
During her story, all I could really think of was what a complete piece of s*** MC was to keep reading a person's poetry when explicitly told not to.
The bisexuals historically got it from all directions. - Kohlrak

User Info: ForteEXEMaster

ForteEXEMaster
4 weeks ago#18
For me, there wasn't really a reason for her clothing being so, loud, in such a small and quiet town. An amnesiac girl should be dressed kinda normally, with maybe 1-2 quirky things. But she has the loosened tie, the striped stockings, the gloves, plaid skirt, and the hat. It feels like they just threw a bunch of random things on her. Even Rise, a freaking idol, dresses pretty plainly for the majority of the story.

Also add in that she didn't really contribute anything to the story that the original was missing other than adding in the skiing trip. I am glad they didn't shoehorn her into the groups events since I loved them the way they were in the original. I don't know if I want to imagine her possibly ruining the gloriousness that was the Kings Games scenes, both in the game and the anime.

Granted, my opinion doesn't mean much considering Kasumi in P5R is pretty similar aside from being playable for ONE FREAKING DUNGEON AFTER 70+ HOURS and I still love her to death.

User Info: NeiL-KuN

NeiL-KuN
3 weeks ago#19
ForteEXEMaster posted...
For me, there wasn't really a reason for her clothing being so, loud, in such a small and quiet town. An amnesiac girl should be dressed kinda normally, with maybe 1-2 quirky things. But she has the loosened tie, the striped stockings, the gloves, plaid skirt, and the hat. It feels like they just threw a bunch of random things on her. Even Rise, a freaking idol, dresses pretty plainly for the majority of the story.

This, its so off.
Justice is a word used only by the weak

User Info: ForteEXEMaster

ForteEXEMaster
3 weeks ago#20
Well again, my opinion shouldn't mean crap lol. Marie is such a polarizing figure in the fandom. To each their own. I can see the appeal that lots have for her.

I do need to look more into the Makoto love/hate. I personally like her, but I know a big portion of the fandom despises her character. (Although I'm still sad Sae wasn't romancable in Royal, those cowards)
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Why do people hate on Marie? (serious, spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A