• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. I wanna buy this but I'm reading ...

User Info: ScavengerDan

ScavengerDan
2 months ago#1
About world tendency and it makes me not want to spend £70 on a decade old game.

I'm not great at games so I die alot, from what I'm reading the more you die the harder this game gets? If true, why? How is that fun for people who die alot, isn't it enough that we die all the time? And the only way you get tendency down is to do the hardest things in the game, beat bosses and real people, why? Is it possible to be stuck forever in hard mode because you suck so bad?

If it was £40 I'd maybe buy it but at £70 I can't justify paying that amount for that level of frustration.

Am I misreading this tendency thing?

User Info: madmatt

madmatt
2 months ago#2
It only gets harder if you die while your in human form. Dying in soul form doesn't change tendency. Also, you can always back up your save on the cloud while your in human form. So if u die and want to undo that world tendency change, just download your backed up save.

I would back up at the start of every new level, at the boss fog gate, half way through the level, etc.
There are no decisions that come regret free...

User Info: ScavengerDan

ScavengerDan
2 months ago#3
madmatt posted...
It only gets harder if you die while your in human form. Dying in soul form doesn't change tendency. Also, you can always back up your save on the cloud while your in human form. So if u die and want to undo that world tendency change, just download your backed up save.

I would back up at the start of every new level, at the boss fog gate, half way through the level, etc.

So you're tricking the game into saving? I'm confused why not save normally why "back it up to the cloud"? That sounds like more hassle if no save option.

What do you mean by human and souls form? I just wanna play a pretty game hitting monsters with swords.

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
2 months ago#4
If you're already that worried then it's probably not for you. The game getting a bit harder if you die a lot doesn't really matter. It is already hard by default and folks who can't handle dying and trying again over and over won't be able to make it through it. You don't sound like you'd enjoy it so you're really best off finding something else to play. Get it when it's on sale if you're still interested in it then.

Not sure why people even come up with such thouhghts that it would be a good to spend 70 pounds on a game they don't really know much about at all. If you've never played any of the games in the series before and couldn't be bothered to read up on this one, then you most definitely should not be buying it on a whim at full price. Should be pretty obvious but nothing really seems to be nowadays.

Get the first 3 games if you want to try them out. They're all available on PS4 and as such run on the PS5. If you were mainly lured in by the pretty graphics and the novelty of it, then you'd end up disappointed if you bought the game because of that. Buy any of the the first 3 games for a few bucks and see if you enjoy the type of gameplay they offer. That will save you a lot of money.

User Info: Cestinex

Cestinex
2 months ago#5
Meh the whole "difficulty increases as you die" thing is overblown. It's very easy to prevent that in the game so I wouldn't worry about it. The game is tough yes but that's what makes it rewarding. And even if you don't like that it's worth it for the atmosphere alone. If you really want to avoid the difficulty curve there are ways to make yourself very OP in the early game as well. Plus what else is there on ps5 right now anyways.
Yea that's be a good time for me to be mad at me know if you are looking for a place to live with the Celtics imploding last season?

User Info: culchulach

culchulach
2 months ago#6
You should absolutely try it. If you’re worried about difficulty there are tons of guides that can decrease difficulty a lot... good luck and let us know how it goes!!
Elden rinG ... enjoy the ride

User Info: TorvaMessorem

TorvaMessorem
2 months ago#7
You can download bloodborne for free if you have ps+. Try that one first.
Take your time. The world has plenty to spare.

User Info: TorvaMessorem

TorvaMessorem
2 months ago#8
Cestinex posted...
If you really want to avoid the difficulty curve there are ways to make yourself very OP in the early game as well. Plus what else is there on ps5 right now anyways.

This. Make a mage build and laugh. The game becomes a cakewalk. Especially if you get someone from here to drop you the best stuff.
Take your time. The world has plenty to spare.

User Info: euler007

euler007
2 months ago#9
As long as you always go kill yourself in the Nexus after killing a boss you'll be fine. Even doing a mistake once (like after killing Astrea and messing with plague babies) will only push the platinum implicaitons to the start of NG+.

NG is really not that hard, except three bosses, which are all easy if you're a pure caster.

User Info: Ishagu

Ishagu
2 months ago#10
Don't worry TC, it's not going to be an issue at all.

Game is challenging but fair. I got the Platinum trophy and it was fun.
You're not a serious gamer if you never game on a PC!!
-~Ishagu~-
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. I wanna buy this but I'm reading ...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A