• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. any cons on killing Ostrava and the old king if I just wanna get the platinum?

User Info: okkidokkie

okkidokkie
1 month ago#1
just wanna go thru the demonbrandt route..

so killing Ostrava and old king would make character and wt on world 1 go black right??

am I gonna miss any rings/ side quest that’s related to getting platinum? thanks!

User Info: demonsword765

demonsword765
1 month ago#2
The Friend Ring from the Monumental at PWCT is one (mostly because Character Tendency). You can hold off on killing either one of them until then.

That being said, Ostrava you can pretty much let him live until he croaks at 1-4. The stuff he gives you for saving him isn't really remarkable unless you want to run a Quality build. In which case he gives you a Pure Clearstone at 1-3. And I think Old King Duran only affects WT if you kill him. And he drops his armor set and the Eternal Ring.
BURNING LOVE!!!

User Info: Seravin

Seravin
1 month ago#3
If you can kill with poison or environment it (allegedly) doesn't harm character tendency either

okkidokkie
1 month ago#4
just googled a bit more stuff well I need Ostrava anyways to survive till 1-3 for the assasination quest. With his quest how do I know if I completed it and he’s off to the next area? Don’t want him to die. Like when can I just leave and do my business lol. Like in 1–1 I was just following him till he starts just to wander around and I had to ask around if I’m safe to just continue my progress.. I thought he bugged out lol

User Info: Cestinex

Cestinex
1 month ago#5
You need to find him in 1-2 in the area directly after the phalanx boss room. It's normal for him to walk around in 1-1 after you rescue him.
Yea that's be a good time for me to be mad at me know if you are looking for a place to live with the Celtics imploding last season?

okkidokkie
1 month ago#6
If I kill him will it screw over Mephistopheles quest???

demonsword765
1 month ago#7
Nope. Killing any of the targets before she asks you to assassinate them only jumps to the next target (no reward if they're dead before she asks). And Ostrava dying in 1-4 as normally doesn't count either.

And killing Ostrava nets a Talisman of Beasts, which you can get off BP Scirvir.
BURNING LOVE!!!

okkidokkie
1 month ago#8
demonsword765 posted...
Nope. Killing any of the targets before she asks you to assassinate them only jumps to the next target (no reward if they're dead before she asks). And Ostrava dying in 1-4 as normally doesn't count either.

And killing Ostrava nets a Talisman of Beasts, which you can get off BP Scirvir.

so basically I need to get the last hit?? So for example if I kill everyone on the list except for yuria she’ll just gonna ask me to kill yuria and that’s it? Won’t even asked for the other npc’s? I wonder at what point of the game should I do these? I wanna get the trophy for the penetrator too..

demonsword765
1 month ago#9
More or less. It's best to do them like right before you go after the last boss since at that point you might as well go scorched earth. You know when that happens when a cutscene is played. And that you literally finished all you could before you do ng+.
BURNING LOVE!!!

okkidokkie
1 month ago#10
demonsword765 posted...
More or less. It's best to do them like right before you go after the last boss since at that point you might as well go scorched earth. You know when that happens when a cutscene is played. And that you literally finished all you could before you do ng+.

ok thanks for your input! so I guess if I kill Ostrava and old king in the beginning it’s ok then platinum wise?? since I think I don’t need any rings or items related to platinum on world 1? and since it won’t screw up the foe ring quest I guess I’m safe? Unless I’m missing something? Sorry I asked you too much lol
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. any cons on killing Ostrava and the old king if I just wanna get the platinum?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A