• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. Whats your top tier pvp weapons?

User Info: madmatt

madmatt
4 weeks ago#1
I'm seeing a ton of demonbrandts/northern regalia. Its clearly a top 5 weapon

Estoc is a top tier pressure weapon imo

What about you guys?

Curved swords are pretty good.
There are no decisions that come regret free...
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
4 weeks ago#2
My weeb ass says the katana

won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec

User Info: Gunblade_Metal

Gunblade_Metal
4 weeks ago#3
does talisman of the beast count? cuz that's what's up.
"War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength"

User Info: Daverick789

Daverick789
4 weeks ago#4
Straight sword. Since there is no poise in this game, meaning you can be stunlocked to death, and most people don't know what toggling is, straight swords are literally mash r1 to win. I thought it was bad in ds3.
"Never argue with someone who is stupid, because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." FC: 0190 1804 4339
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: madmatt

madmatt
4 weeks ago#5
Daverick789 posted...
Straight sword. Since there is no poise in this game, meaning you can be stunlocked to death, and most people don't know what toggling is, straight swords are literally mash r1 to win. I thought it was bad in ds3.
R1 mash will get u parried
There are no decisions that come regret free...

User Info: euler007

euler007
4 weeks ago#6
Blessed Mirdan Hammer. Great reach, moveset, stuns, mostly ignores warding, regens hp.

User Info: DrummerShane12

DrummerShane12
4 weeks ago#7
euler007 posted...
Blessed Mirdan Hammer. Great reach, moveset, stuns, mostly ignores warding, regens hp.

im trying to figure out this weapon on my regen build. I’m having a hard time with this weapon. Can you go in a little more detail on how to use it? It seems super slow to me and I can’t figure out it’s reach

User Info: euler007

euler007
4 weeks ago#8
DrummerShane12 posted...
im trying to figure out this weapon on my regen build. I’m having a hard time with this weapon. Can you go in a little more detail on how to use it? It seems super slow to me and I can’t figure out it’s reach
It's total crap in 1H, never use it in 1H. I switch to my Guillotine Axe or Knight Sword (both blessed +5) if for some reason I want a shield out. I usually have an Adjudicator's Shield +5 on my back.

In 2H, the R1 combo stuns, tracks well and has a good range. Anyone trying to rush into you that is not rocking an Extra Large Greatsword is severely disadvantaged. Once a hit connects you chain into others, a lot of people will die right there. If opponent is rolling try to time your hit for when their roll ends, or use the R2 attack which sweeps and has a lingering hitbox. The running/backstep attacks has good range and if you connect you keep going into the R1 combo.

In extended t*** for tats fight when the opponent dies he'll look at your health bar and realize you're almost full (if you had Warding up). If you see a Monk's headwrap you put anti-magic field up and make him realize the consequence of lowering your magic resist versus a blessed weapon.

User Info: ephman97

ephman97
4 weeks ago#9
^^ Yes the mirdan hammer is affectionately known as the "noobstick" because it allows new players to easily thrash more experienced players. Mashing can be parried by blocking the first hit and then immediately parrying, but not many players do that.

My favorite PVP weapons:

knight sword (great 2H R1 stunlock and nice lunging attack with backstep R1 or running R1)
uchigatana (fast and damaging, especially with one in each hand)
great axe (2H has nice R1 rolling area of effect attack, R1 can combo, and R2 has hyperarmor)
claymore (tremendous range and good damage)
kilij (great 2H R1 stunlock)

Demonbrandt/northern regalia has great damage, but I find it dull and uninteresting to use.
PSN ephman97. Recent favorites: Trouble With Peace (novel), Borderlands 2 (PS3), Dunked On (Froggy Fresh song), Neo Yokio (tv), Vanguard (fund)

User Info: FinallyIndigo

FinallyIndigo
4 weeks ago#10
Estoc and Northern Regalia would be top tier of the ones I've extensively tried.

If you wanna add in spells, Fire Spray is fantastic for applying pressure and forcing/closing distance in PvP.
"Apologize to the funyarinpa! Goodness, you are such a rude woman."
PSN: FinallyIndigo (Finally-Indigo)
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. Whats your top tier pvp weapons?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A