• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. New to Demon's Souls: About the Boss Souls

User Info: onewingedseph

onewingedseph
1 month ago#1
Hey there, while this is not my first From Software game I've never played DeS until now on the PS5. It's pretty challenging and sometimes frustrating but I'm getting a hang of it (i think)

What I wanted to ask you guys are the Boss Souls. I have been consuming them from the start but now I read they are essential for some unique and powerful weapons/spells and forging. I assume once consumed it's gone? I have beaten the bosses in 1-1, 1-2, 2-1 until 2-3, 3-1, 4-1 and 5-1.

Do I need to start over?

User Info: TheDarkCircle

TheDarkCircle
1 month ago#2
If you want em for weapons, magic, miracles you need to start over or wait to new game plus. You don’t need them to finish your play through tho of course

onewingedseph
1 month ago#3
But it seems like these special items are hella important and helpful though. I am at the boss from 1-3 and I barely do any damage.

User Info: Dr_M

Dr_M
1 month ago#4
Start over.
Souls community manager and vice chairman.

User Info: Takuru

Takuru
1 month ago#5
No, you don't need to start over. Yes, you screwed up (they are used to obtain powerful weapons/spells) but you don't need them to beat the game.

You aren't doing damage because you are doing something wrong. Either you haven't been upgrading your weapon, you are using a weapon that doesn't scale with your stats or you are underleveled/have been incorrectly allocating your stats.

Post what weapon you are using (and the level it is currently at between 1-10) and your character's current soul level/main stats (endurance, etc.) if you want further help. There are a million different reasons why you would be dealing low damage. Also, 1-3 is a later game area. You should be doing the x-2 stages first as a newbie if possible.
Currently Playing: AC: Valhalla, Spiderman: MM

User Info: Dr_M

Dr_M
1 month ago#6
Imagine playing super mario world with no access to Yoshi... yeah... I'd start over.
Souls community manager and vice chairman.

Takuru
1 month ago#7
Dr_M posted...
Imagine playing super mario world with no access to Yoshi... yeah... I'd start over.

Shut up idiot.

User Info: DJ_0000

DJ_0000
1 month ago#8
They can be used to acquire good weapons, spells and miracles but you can do fine without. Looking at that list you already used flamelurkers soul so you cannot craft any boss weapons anyway.

Triumph over tragedy

onewingedseph
1 month ago#9
Takuru posted...
No, you don't need to start over. Yes, you screwed up (they are used to obtain powerful weapons/spells) but you don't need them to beat the game.

You aren't doing damage because you are doing something wrong. Either you haven't been upgrading your weapon, you are using a weapon that doesn't scale with your stats or you are underleveled/have been incorrectly allocating your stats.

Post what weapon you are using (and the level it is currently at between 1-10) and your character's current soul level/main stats (endurance, etc.) if you want further help. There are a million different reasons why you would be dealing low damage. Also, 1-3 is a later game area. You should be doing the x-2 stages first as a newbie if possible.

First of all, thank you for your response.

Unfortunately I am at work right now so I cannot give you the exact current build right now, however, I know that my main weapon is only a +1, even though I seem to have a lot of forge material, I cannot make anything +2 or more at the guy in Nexus. I thought maybe that will be possible later on. Or am I in the wrong there?

Are the boss weapons any good? Because I've consumed the soul of the Flamelurker.

Takuru
1 month ago#10
onewingedseph posted...
First of all, thank you for your response.

Unfortunately I am at work right now so I cannot give you the exact current build right now, however, I know that my main weapon is only a +1, even though I seem to have a lot of forge material, I cannot make anything +2 or more at the guy in Nexus. I thought maybe that will be possible later on. Or am I in the wrong there?

Are the boss weapons any good? Because I've consumed the soul of the Flamelurker.

Yeah, from what you mentioned, you aren't upgrading your weapon. 1-3 is a later game area and you are trying to do it with only a +1 weapon. Your weapon is the main source where most of your damage comes from.

You can upgrade your weapon to +3 (depends on what weapon you are using though, look it up) just using the stones sold by the filthy man vendor at the beginning of 2-1. So farm enough souls and do that immediately. 4-1 (the skeletons in the beginning) and 4-2 (the reaper) are the best for that. If you already beat all the x-1 levels, then look up the material your weapon needs for an upgrade and get it to +4 (or even +5/+6 if possible).

The specific weapon you are using and your base stats would still be info we would need to determine if you have screwed up leveling your stats but you'll have to let us know whenever you have a chance to play again.

Yes, the boss weapons are good but you might as well forget about that now.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. New to Demon's Souls: About the Boss Souls
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A