• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. Does grinding make this easier?

User Info: Choppa675

Choppa675
1 month ago#11
ddnnetto posted...
Another thing that might help: this game is about confidence.

Don't be hasty. Wait for your opponents. Do not be afraid to die (spoiler: you will ).

The skeletons that I mentioned in 4-1 are great foes to teach you that. They look nasty, but wait a little and you can see how open their defenses are.
They're also very allergic to blunt damage, also known as your fist early on if your class didn't start out with a blunt weapon.
You better be praising that sun...
http://i.imgur.com/iuHjZlx.jpg

User Info: MrTrav15

MrTrav15
1 month ago#12
Fondantcookie posted...
Thanks all. Still trying to get past the second area. I run past the dragon atop the wall but the knight and archers decimate me. Haha. I’ll get there eventually :-)

i recommend going to the second archstone and going through the first level on there and so on, the first level of each archstone and then come back to the second level of the first archstone.

User Info: ddnnetto

ddnnetto
1 month ago#13
Choppa675 posted...
They're also very allergic to blunt damage, also known as your fist early on if your class didn't start out with a blunt weapon.

You can also obtain a morning star pretty early on 5-1 for that matter.

User Info: wild361

wild361
1 month ago#14
At the beginning of 4-1 there is a Crescent Falchion +1. This sword is fantastic early on. Make a suicide run for it as it's heavily guarded.
The moderate

User Info: Dr_M

Dr_M
1 month ago#15
Fondantcookie posted...
git gud

Souls community manager and vice chairman.

User Info: yungmiggs

yungmiggs
1 month ago#16
1-2 should NOT be the next area u explore. Please go to 2-1......its much much easier. Save 1-2 after u do 2-1,3-1,4-1,5-1.

User Info: darkmoonbeam

darkmoonbeam
1 month ago#17
i mean 1-2 isnt *that* much harder then 2-1, but 2-1 is a good place to visit so you get some easy sharp/hardstone for your weapon, that makes a pretty nice difference.
[In Soviet Russia, a moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message]

User Info: Fondantcookie

Fondantcookie
1 month ago#18
Thanks all. Some really useful tips there.

I genuinely had no idea you could go to the other levels (eg, do 2-1 before 1-2). I just assumed you played them in order. So I’ll definitely try 2-1 this evening.

I also had no idea about the equipment ratio affecting your manouvreability... that’s really good to know. My build is currently something like 96% so could explain him being a bit sluggish.

I’ll keep you posted and thanks again

User Info: darkmoonbeam

darkmoonbeam
1 month ago#19
Fondantcookie posted...
Thanks all. Some really useful tips there.

I genuinely had no idea you could go to the other levels (eg, do 2-1 before 1-2). I just assumed you played them in order. So I’ll definitely try 2-1 this evening.

I also had no idea about the equipment ratio affecting your manouvreability... that’s really good to know. My build is currently something like 96% so could explain him being a bit sluggish.

I’ll keep you posted and thanks again

Please do, and yeah, you'll really feel the diff when you go under 50%, let us know!
[In Soviet Russia, a moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message]

User Info: Fondantcookie

Fondantcookie
1 month ago#20
darkmoonbeam posted...
Please do, and yeah, you'll really feel the diff when you go under 50%, let us know!

So I tried 2-1 but was having real difficulty taking down those fat things that cast fire. So I went back to 1-1, replayed it a few times and levelled up, then FINALLY beat 1-2. Took that big Knight guy down on my first go! Wahooo...!

I now have an abundance of souls and I was just wondering if it’s worth investing in Magic for my Knight or just keep upping stats? So far I have only been levelling up Strength, Stamina and HP but I’m wondering if magic Also becomes useful?

I’ll then take on 2-1 again and see how far I get. Hah. Great game and loving the challenge...

Thanks so much for your help
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. Does grinding make this easier?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A