• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. Cool that there isn't any "male" or "female" in this game.

User Info: Legionnaire

Legionnaire
2 months ago#1
Really helps the roleplay elements while also being inclusive to all audiences.

I kind of wish we could edit breast size though. My initial thought was to make a slim male character by using the female model since we could use male customization options of female characters and vice versa, but it's still a female character. That would have been a cool way to circumvent gendered armors.

User Info: ManuKesna

ManuKesna
2 months ago#2
Oh...I wonder what’s the real purpose of making this topic 🙄
Hi

User Info: mario2000

mario2000
2 months ago#3
ManuKesna posted...
Oh...I wonder what’s the real purpose of making this topic 🙄

tell us your thoughts
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash

User Info: PS4TW

PS4TW
2 months ago#4
Nah, it’s a really stupid design choice in all honesty . And it would still be inclusive literally because you can still create. Masculine female
or feminine male . The original had a masculinity slider where features got softer and fatter for the feminine side. There should be a height slider too .

"All life fears death from birth. Life fears death, but lives only to die." Necron(FF9)
"People are not moved by logic." -Mithos(TOS)

User Info: boysrus72

boysrus72
2 months ago#5
It's a design choice that doesn't matter one way or the other. I was puzzled when I first saw the options but then I moved on to play the rest of the game. Why are people getting so hung up on this?
Think about it.

User Info: PS4TW

PS4TW
2 months ago#6
boysrus72 posted...
It's a design choice that doesn't matter one way or the other. I was puzzled when I first saw the options but then I moved on to play the rest of the game. Why are people getting so hung up on this?
whos getting hung up. It’s stupid but I moved on and enjoyed the game. Because the game is awesome. That’s all that matters is game quality at the end of the day. Nobody is buying videogames for political reasons , just seems silly to pander to people that don’t buy your game. Not mad just kinda laughing about it.
"All life fears death from birth. Life fears death, but lives only to die." Necron(FF9)
"People are not moved by logic." -Mithos(TOS)

User Info: Choppa675

Choppa675
2 months ago#7
PS4TW posted...
Nah, it’s a really stupid design choice in all honesty . And it would still be inclusive literally because you can still create. Masculine female
or feminine male . The original had a masculinity slider where features got softer and fatter for the feminine side. There should be a height slider too .
No. Height slider would be a huge mistake because hitboxes.
You better be praising that sun...
http://i.imgur.com/iuHjZlx.jpg

User Info: mario2000

mario2000
2 months ago#8
Choppa675 posted...
No. Height slider would be a huge mistake because hitboxes.

Yet we have a body width slider.
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash

User Info: Choppa675

Choppa675
2 months ago#9
mario2000 posted...
Yet we have a body width slider.
That doesn't affect anything though. Height on the other hand would affect it severely, because a very tall guy with a spear or some kind of long weapon would have crazy reach and pretty much be the "meta" for a lot of stuff. Meanwhile being a midget would make you difficult to hit, and be a nightmare to deal with if someone is lagging.
You better be praising that sun...
http://i.imgur.com/iuHjZlx.jpg

User Info: kosc88

kosc88
2 months ago#10
Choppa675 posted...
That doesn't affect anything though. Height on the other hand would affect it severely, because a very tall guy with a spear or some kind of long weapon would have crazy reach and pretty much be the "meta" for a lot of stuff. Meanwhile being a midget would make you difficult to hit, and be a nightmare to deal with if someone is lagging.
Yeah, it wouldn't work on its own, but it'd be cool if it was a thing for Elden Ring, with different height/weight having it's own set of pros/cons. It wouldn't be anything new, Dragon's Dogma had something like this for example. Although it might be difficult to balance this, especially for PVP.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. Cool that there isn't any "male" or "female" in this game.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A