• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. So what's up with Flamelurker's supposedly legendary difficulty?

User Info: Nihenna

Nihenna
2 days ago#1
When I first played DeS years ago I played a mage, so naturally everything melted and wasy easy mode. I still had heard about how difficult Flamelurker was supposedly, but I sold my PS3 before I got the chance to try him out in a melee build.

Well, I just did and...that's it? He was super easy, at least if you're even midly competent at dodging.

Have they nerfed him or something in this remake? This is supposed to be a 1:1 remake other than a few QoL fixes, but maybe they nerfed his damage because he was too difficult? He didn't really deal that much damage...

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
2 days ago#2
Nihenna posted...
When I first played DeS years ago I played a mage, so naturally everything melted and wasy easy mode. I still had heard about how difficult Flamelurker was supposedly, but I sold my PS3 before I got the chance to try him out in a melee build.

Well, I just did and...that's it? He was super easy, at least if you're even midly competent at dodging.

Have they nerfed him or something in this remake? This is supposed to be a 1:1 remake other than a few QoL fixes, but maybe they nerfed his damage because he was too difficult? He didn't really deal that much damage...

The reason he's generally revered among the bosses in Demon's Souls specifically is because of his level of aggression. His attacks are very strong and he rarely lets up or gives moments of reprieve. If you're used to Dark Souls bosses and the like it's probably fair to assume you're familiar with how to deal with bosses like Flamelurker, how to heal when to counter an all that.

In Demon's Souls most bosses bar Allant, The Man Eaters and Penetrator usually have a certain trick to beating them but that's what makes a boss like flamelurker unique. Bare in mind the stage you find him in had some of the slowest, tankiest, bulkiest a******s in the game, the bearbugs so jumping from that to Flamelurker is quite a step up.

PSN ID: Adamight Nintendo FC: SW-7107-7946-6201

User Info: crashman222

crashman222
2 days ago#3
If you played the other souls games he's no big deal. For people who played the original, the flame lurker is often times the first "wall" boss. He was certainly mine, though I don't imagine he'll be too much trouble this time through.
"Are you mentally challenged and this is how you reach sxual climax?" - IMRavnos
Psn: tomahawkman22

User Info: JinKisaragi211

JinKisaragi211
2 days ago#4
Won’t be much trouble for anyone that played DS3. But for players who are new to the series, he can cause them a lot of trouble.
They call me Hadouken. 'Cuz I'm Down, Right, Fierce!

User Info: im2fast4you33

im2fast4you33
2 days ago#5
I didn't find flame lurker nearly as hard as Maneater. Its basically 2 flame lurkers minus the huge arena to fight in

User Info: Choppa675

Choppa675
2 days ago#6
im2fast4you33 posted...
I didn't find flame lurker nearly as hard as Maneater. Its basically 2 flame lurkers minus the huge arena to fight in
Don't forget that they love flying for ages too, which makes the fight more tedious than it should be.
You better be praising that sun...
http://i.imgur.com/iuHjZlx.jpg

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
2 days ago#7
Choppa675 posted...
Don't forget that they love flying for ages too, which makes the fight more tedious than it should be.

This is true, the fight can be very RNG based thanks to how long they chose to do that.

I'm sure many miss the days you could shoot the first one through the fog gate.
PSN ID: Adamight Nintendo FC: SW-7107-7946-6201

User Info: Chronux

Chronux
2 days ago#8
seems he was nerfed, so much eaiser in this remake

User Info: ephman97

ephman97
2 days ago#9
All good points. Plus your experience will depend on what weapons you’re using and your soul level. It’s not unusual for players to run into him around SL 20-30 with base level weapons, and at that point most players will get crushed. If you’re SL 30-40 with magical weapons and/or spells, he’s much easier (since he has a significant vulnerability to magic).

This is part of the beauty and mystery of Demon’s Souls. Each playthrough can feel dramatically different, depending on the sequence in which you explore the worlds, your weapons, and your stats.
PSN ephman97. Recent favorites: Dunked On (Froggy Fresh song), A Time of Blood (novel), Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (PS3), Neo Yokio (tv), Vanguard (fund)

User Info: JAW2688

JAW2688
2 days ago#10
SL1 melee he can be pretty difficult. The bosses are easy in this game though, this was known
https://bit.ly/2JgQclr || https://bit.ly/3jJRQc3
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. So what's up with Flamelurker's supposedly legendary difficulty?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A