• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. Boss difficulty affected by world tendency?

User Info: The3rdMario

The3rdMario
1 month ago#1
Can't seem to find an answer to this ..
Originality is overrated. Execution is of higher concern.

User Info: heartl355

heartl355
1 month ago#2
Seeing how stats are increased and decreased per WT status and to include the older game being harder in the same terms; I'd say, Yes.

The AI is the same though so it's just a tankier damage sponge with harder hits at darker tendencies.
PSN: Kadajjj_

The3rdMario
1 month ago#3
Thanks. Went in blind in offline only mode, and I may have unintentionally made the final boss impossible for my not so talented self. Not a fan of this world tendency thing I must admit.

User Info: heartl355

heartl355
1 month ago#4
The3rdMario posted...
Thanks. Went in blind in offline only mode, and I may have unintentionally made the final boss impossible for my not so talented self. Not a fan of this world tendency thing I must admit.
Its a strange mechanic but it makes you attempt to not rush through the world(in body form that is). A tactic I feel was to stretch game play back in '09 xD

KA is a pain in general but very telegraphed. If you don't mind a 15min fight(assuming you're a low level player) then tap, tap, back-off.. Only heal when he slowly walks toward you.

But PBWT definitely makes the game harder in a lot of aspects, not the cut and paste, raise damage recieved, lower damage output type of BS most games bring to the table nowadays. This game adds new enemies in strategic spots to troll you hah.
PSN: Kadajjj_

User Info: Adam_Ace

Adam_Ace
1 month ago#5
The3rdMario posted...

Bless you my friend, trust me when I say this...

False King Allant is a very difficult boss whether or not you're world tendency is Black or White. It can be incredibly difficult to read his attacks thanks to the shockwaves they admit, I've been playing the game 8 years and even I struggle with him quite often. Best advice for dealing with him is keep your distance, his 3 hit combo usually ends with his soul drain attack. And his attack where he absorbs energy in an attempt to cause a shock wave is a good time to score a bunch of hits on him. I think Allant is also fairly resistent to magic as well.
PSN ID: Adamight Nintendo FC: SW-7107-7946-6201

The3rdMario
1 month ago#6
Adam_Ace posted...
Bless you my friend, trust me when I say this...

False King Allant is a very difficult boss whether or not you're world tendency is Black or White. It can be incredibly difficult to read his attacks thanks to the shockwaves they admit, I've been playing the game 8 years and even I struggle with him quite often. Best advice for dealing with him is keep your distance, his 3 hit combo usually ends with his soul drain attack. And his attack where he absorbs energy in an attempt to cause a shock wave is a good time to score a bunch of hits on him. I think Allant is also fairly resistent to magic as well.
Thanks for the tips. Reeeally wish I had known about tendency before I fought him and died in human/living form several times. I was thinking "damn, I think I'm learning the fight but somehow doing less damage and taking more at the same time!!".
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. Boss difficulty affected by world tendency?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A