• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Returnal
  3. Is anyone NOT worried about rest mode?
I see this fear of rest mode a lot because the game has no save ability but i use rest so much i rarely ever save games anymore. I’ve gotten used to just turning it off and resuming next time i play. I have no issue with the way this game handles runs
PSN:DUTTiRASS, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,

User Info: SepulturaGamer

SepulturaGamer
1 week ago#2
I don’t, but I would like to be able to have multiple games active at the same time so you can switch between them. Not a dealbreaker but would be a nice QoL feature.
Did Dr. Kleiner just tell us to get busy? - Alyx Vance

User Info: C4ptainblack

C4ptainblack
1 week ago#3
Using the rest mode for this game itself is not the problem. The problems are, that

• the game can update itself and kick you out while in rest mode
  • the PS5 can have problems continuing the game after using rest mode
  • you cant play any other game while using rest mode
  • some people still have the bug in mind, that using rest mode for a specific game last year was bricking some consoles

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
1 week ago#4
After finishing it. It doesnt need a save option. Defeats the purpose if u can save scum to completion
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: stop3

stop3
1 week ago#5
I can’t use rest mode because 3 people in my house use the PS5. When it’s the next person’s turn your rest mode save state gets wiped every time. The game definitely needs a save feature.

User Info: stop3

stop3
1 week ago#6
Jonbazookaboz posted...
After finishing it. It doesnt need a save option. Defeats the purpose if u can save scum to completion
other games have saves that self-delete when used so scumming is not possible, and this game could do that too. But I actually think a more robust save system would be awesome. This game would be hella fun with quicksaves. It I’ll be a blast to play this game in 20 years on an emulator.

C4ptainblack
1 week ago#7
stop3 posted...
other games have saves that self-delete when used so scumming is not possible, and this game could do that too.
The problem is, that you can upload your save to the PlayStation cloud and reload your save endlessly. But if you are that desperate, its on you and not on the developers to stop you doing that.

User Info: SenorGauntlet

SenorGauntlet
1 week ago#8
C4ptainblack posted...
the game can update itself and kick you out while in rest mode

When the PS5 is walking you through opting into auto-update settings, it explains this. Everyone with it on turned this feature on despite the console warning them that exactly this will happen.

I agree, the game badly needs a single use quicksave feature. But this isn’t why.
strike a pose
http://i.imgur.com/logkNxA.gif

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
1 week ago#9
stop3 posted...
other games have saves that self-delete when used so scumming is not possible, and this game could do that too. But I actually think a more robust save system would be awesome. This game would be hella fun with quicksaves. It I’ll be a blast to play this game in 20 years on an emulator.

not when u can back up your save to the cloud though

"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

C4ptainblack
1 week ago#10
SenorGauntlet posted...
When the PS5 is walking you through opting into auto-update settings, it explains this. Everyone with it on turned this feature on despite the console warning them that exactly this will happen.
Of course everyone did that, but no one knew back then that a game comes out, that you can only pause by using rest mode, because it has no save function :p
  1. Boards
  2. Returnal
  3. Is anyone NOT worried about rest mode?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A