• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  3. PSA: This game is only 5 hours long...

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
1 week ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WOX3FHt_Zs&ab_channel=PowerPyxPowerPyxVerified

This guy beat the whole thing from start to finish in 5 hours. He isn't speedrunning, just playing the game like normal. Not a good sign.

Remember when Ratchet & Clank 2016 was only $40 because they knew it was short? Well... here comes Rift Apart at $70 and its seemingly even shorter than that...
The official sexyness connoisseur~

User Info: pnut027

pnut027
1 week ago#2
Sounds like a lie.
Fully Vaccinated
- Moderna

User Info: Magmasta

Magmasta
1 week ago#3
Yeah, but this guy didn't find all the hidden rift pockets on each planet, all collectibles, secret areas, or enjoyed the game to the fullest on hardest difficulty/ challenge mode playthrough.

I mean, I'm sure he did all that after putting up this video, and probably ran through it one time beforehand for a better viewing experience, but I don't think this game is going to take only five hours if you aren't storming through the main story.

I bet it would even take longer than crack in time to beat, since that game was mostly padding with a bunch of little platforming sections on planets that you would fly to in space.

The design in the planets show when it comes to exploration. A lot better designed than a crack in time in my opinion.(excluding the great clock)

I don't believe it is a perfect 9 or 9.5 best game ever though lol It is way overhyped to say the least, only because of the raytracing and visual effects.

Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend

User Info: steun91

steun91
1 week ago#4
Well I expect the game to be around 12 to 15 hours, depending on your exploration. Like the reviews have been saying. That said, I'm not even going to buy this game with a 50% discount. I might buy it in a few years when it's $20 or something. I get that it's a lot of work to make a game like this, with this attention to detail. But as a gamer, I want a lot more gameplay hours for my money.
See you later alligator, after a while crocodile, don't forget to write.

User Info: AndoMike

AndoMike
1 week ago#5
steun91 posted...
Well I expect the game to be around 12 to 15 hours, depending on your exploration. Like the reviews have been saying.
THIS ^^^^

If you think the majority of gamers are going to be finishing their Rift Apart playthrough in 5 hours you are smoking something I wish I had.
NNID: AndoMike | PSN: AndoMike | GAMERTAG: AndoMike585
(message deleted)

User Info: Malecrix

Malecrix
1 week ago#7
Now my argument of adding a multiplayer mode holds even more merit

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
1 week ago#8
Malecrix posted...
Now my argument of adding a multiplayer mode holds even more merit
No, it really doesn't.
NEW BOARD for Toys and Collectibles:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1546-toys-and-collectibles

User Info: RustyFerret

RustyFerret
1 week ago#9
And how do we know this is an actual first time playthrough?
https://www.powerpyx.com/ratchet-clank-rift-apart-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Yikes. Only 10 hours to get the platinum, which means the main story really is only 5-6 hours.
  1. Boards
  2. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  3. PSA: This game is only 5 hours long...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A