• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Adventure 2
  3. character upgrades

User Info: rid1ey

rid1ey
4 years ago#1
is there a simple way of finding out what upgrades i have obtained for each character?

have come back to an old save file and can't remember what i have already.
Switch: SW-6146-8724-6311 3DS: 4141-8948-4277 Gamertag: rid1ey

User Info: Lanijon

Lanijon
4 years ago#2
If you mean like a checklist or something, then no, I don't think there is.

That said, many of the upgrades can be seen on the character, and a bunch more can be checked for pretty quickly by doing the corresponding move. And of what's left, some are required for progression (like the light dash upgrades). So the Mystic Melodies and maybe Sonic's Magic Gloves are the only ones you'll need to go more than a couple of seconds out of your way to check.

rid1ey
4 years ago#3
ok - since i asked this i have obtained them all but have two other questions you may be able to help with!

for the downloaded events do they have to be on the same VMU as the save file?

trying to get 100 rings on mission 2 of Cannon's Core is proving frustrating because 'Artificial Chaos' how do i kill them from a distance other than running forward fast and spamming fire?!

User Info: Lanijon

Lanijon
4 years ago#4
I played the game on the GameCube and PC (yeah I know this is the Dreamcast board lol), so I don't know much about the download events or the DC hardware. It seems to me like they'd probably need a save file, but I can't say for sure.

As for the artificial Chaos, I assume you're talking about the ones that hide their head since those are by far the worst. The best trick for most of them is to utilize the time stoppers whenever you can. When time is frozen, you can shoot and kill them even if they're hiding their head.

If you encounter one with no time stopper around, you'll have to get close, so the only real strategy is to spam fire and rush them. It's not quite as crass as it sounds though. Shooting them actually "stuns" them a bit and delays them revealing their head and attacking, so just keep hitting them until you're close enough to punch and you should be fine (I suppose I should also mention that they're vulnerable to punches, even when hiding).

The part in Eggman's section where you get ambushed by two of them after the vertical shaft is the only really tricky part. Just be very cautious opening the door, then once you catch sight of them start shooting like hell and rush to get behind them. Make sure you're hitting both of them so they'll both be stunned. If you can get past that part then you should be home free.

rid1ey
4 years ago#5
thanks for the reply

it's the eggman part that keeps messing me up!

*rage face*

I'll try your method next time I attempt it.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Adventure 2
  3. character upgrades
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How is Chao Karate unlocked? General3 Answers
There is a weird glitch? Main Quest1 Answer
I can't play 2 player. Help? Tech Support4 Answers
How do I do tricks in City Escape? Main Quest1 Answer
How to name a chao? Side Quest1 Answer