• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Adventure 2
  3. Sayonara ... Sonic Adventure 2.

User Info: Scotty_Rogers

Scotty_Rogers
4 years ago#1
Oh, Sonic Adventure 2. I first played you on Dreamcast in 2001. I was five years old and you were the number one thing on my Christmas wishlist that year. When I first played you on Christmas day that year, I was so ecstatic. Listening to "Escape From The City" for the first time. Playing multiplayer mode with my siblings. You were a fond part of my childhood.

Nearly 16 years later, I still haven't gotten all of your emblems. And you know what? I don't f***ing want to. Getting the emblems for Sonic and Shadow was easy enough. But getting the emblems for Tails, Knuckles, Eggman and Rouge was a f***ing nightmare; I had to watch YouTube videos over and over again just to know what routes to take for the A rank. Now, all I have to do is finish A-ranking Rouge's missions, the Cannon's Core missions and get all the Chao emblems.

And like I said, I don't f***ing want to. This s*** is not fun. What's the point? Unlocking a costume for Rouge? Unlocking Chaos in the multiplayer? Unlocking Green Hill Zone? Working hard at something normally brings a good feeling, but not when there isn't any real point. Sonic Adventure 2, you're just a video game, and a very bad one at that. You do not control my life. Goodbye.
Da GOAT Fam 2022

User Info: frggy

frggy
4 years ago#2
I can sympathize. Like you, I played this game when it came out (I was 12 then) and was blind to any real flaw. I played it a bit last year (20 hours or so) and basically feel that it is mediocre.

User Info: Scotty_Rogers

Scotty_Rogers
4 years ago#3
Haha, I actually found out you don't have to A-rank Cannon's Core missions to get all emblems on the Dreamcast version a few days ago. That did bring back my motivation to get all the emblems. I was willing to A-Rank the rest of Rouge's missions ...

... then I realized how tedious getting all the Chao emblems would be. f*** that s***. I am not going to go through the grueling process of raising a Chao that can win those stupid races. I can't even see my Chao's stats without transporting it into my VMU. My VMU batteries are dead. I am not waste money on VMU batteries just for this, as cheap as the batteries may be.

I'll just use a program called DreamExplorer to download a 100% save file of this game to my DC, so I can finally play Green Hill.
Da GOAT Fam 2022

User Info: Zach8920

Zach8920
4 years ago#4
Scotty_Rogers posted...
Sonic Adventure 2, you're just a video game, and a very bad one at that. You do not control my life.

http://imgur.com/ku4jSWm
"If they set that android free it will be the end of all of us! NOOO!" Future Trunks
3DS FC: 2123-1135-8565
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic Adventure 2
  3. Sayonara ... Sonic Adventure 2.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How is Chao Karate unlocked? General3 Answers
There is a weird glitch? Main Quest1 Answer
How do I do tricks in City Escape? Main Quest1 Answer
Sonic Adventure Menu Themes? General2 Answers
I can't play 2 player. Help? Tech Support4 Answers