• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Steam
  3. accidentally clicked that I was born in 2012

User Info: RoughNTumble

RoughNTumble
9 years ago#1
any way to correct this? V_V;;
Grandparents dead - please no jokes
Make mine DC, if you please.

User Info: arleas

arleas
9 years ago#2
Close down steam and then load it back up again. It should then give you the option to change the date (though it will still show the last date you chose). I'm guessing they save the data in a cookie or something and it doesn't go away until you restart steam.

User Info: RogueJedi86

RogueJedi86
9 years ago#3
I wish they'd save to your account info. It's annoying having to pick the age each time, especially if you click the wrong year(s) and get locked out of pages.
"Every single Jedi, including your friend Obi-Wan, is now an enemy of the Republic. Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy."

arleas
9 years ago#4
I wish they'd save to your account info.

It'd be nice if they knew I'm the only one on my account and that I'm old enough...right now all they do is save the birthdate so that when you go back later all you have to do is click "enter". I think once you enter the information on one page, then all other pages that need that information will use whatever you entered before...

I tested that just now by going to the duke nukem forever store page (where it had my previous data ready and all I had to do was click enter) and then went to the Dead island store page and it didn't ask me for my age again.

Essentially you only need to enter the info once for each login (I think).

User Info: Bekness

Bekness
9 years ago#5
It saves mine, also. And I just have to click enter. But DNF. Damn, hope you didn't buy that. D=

arleas
9 years ago#6
But DNF. Damn, hope you didn't buy that. D=

I bought it when it was on sale for $5... and yeah, it wasn't really even worth $5. I mostly bought it because I figured "I ought to be able to get at least 5 hours worth of gameplay out of it and then I played it for just over 1 hour and got bored with it. What ruined it for me was how half-assed all the controls seemed to be. I mean there was tons of Junk to do to build your ego, and absolutely none of it was fun.

The pinball machine was uninspired, shooting hoops with the basketball felt like you were throwing rocks, everything just didn't feel right. The actual shooting part of the game was meh. At least it was only $5 though!
  1. Boards
  2. Steam
  3. accidentally clicked that I was born in 2012
  • Topic Archived