• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider (1996)
  3. Does this game get better?

User Info: ninto55

ninto55
6 years ago#1
I got it on a steam sale and it's been taking me a while to get through it. I really want to play this game through but I keep getting stuck, bored, or angry at the platforming.

I'm on the fourth level. Does this game get any better, or should I consider stopping?

Edit:

Actually, I shouldn't end it off there. I do enjoy this game. The combat is a little eh and for me is just shooting and rolling away from enemies. The T-Rex took me a while but was fun to fight. And I love when things go right. I really liked the third level (the one with the T-Rex), once you clear out the enemies you just get to explore this wide open, but not too big, space with few switch puzzles and no platforming segments until you got all the gears. That was fun, I have fun searching for the gears.

So far the first two and fourth levels are indoors and I don't like them that much, and the third was outdoors and I loved it.
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
Do it and do it right!

User Info: SpiralDrift

SpiralDrift
6 years ago#2
The first few levels are usually pretty rough going for first-time players, but once you get the hang of the controls it's smooth sailing. Though, some of the later levels do get pretty tough. Just be sure to save often.

I think the combat is mostly only there because it has to be. The real highlights of the game are the puzzles and platforming, the latter of which is a bit hard to master but does become enjoyable once you get good enough to start making jumps on the fly. There's a real sense of satisfaction when you land the trickier jumps.
Do unto others what your parents did to you.
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider (1996)
  3. Does this game get better?
  • Topic Archived