• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: kirby7374

kirby7374
1 month ago#1
Which one did you enjoy the most? - Results (102 votes)
Prologue: A Rouge's Welcome
0% (0 votes)
Ch1: Castle & Dragon
0.98% (1 vote)
Ch2: The Great Boggly Tree
0.98% (1 vote)
Ch3: Of Glitz & Glory
56.86% (58 votes)
Ch4: For Pigs the Bell Tolls
9.8% (10 votes)
Ch5: The Key to Pirates
2.94% (3 votes)
Ch6: 3 Days of Excess
19.61% (20 votes)
Ch7: Mario Shoots the Moon
4.9% (5 votes)
Ch8: The Thousand-Year Door
3.92% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Since they did one for PM64, I thought I'd make one for TTYD. While the 64 is still one of my favorite RPGs, I like the story and the battle mechanics of TTYD more. The fact that it did both better is why it wasn't much of a contest choosing for me. And the extra humor was a nice touch.

As for the order of the chapters, I chose: 3 > 4 > 8 > 5 > 7 > 2 > 1 > 6 > P

3 was cool. It reminded me of a fighting game tournament. It had good characters, a few plot twists, and while I had a feeling on who the boss would be, I didn't think the boss fight would be as cool as that. The theme, battle handicaps, and the variety of enemies more than made up for its short length.

(Without giving away spoilers) 4 was challenging and fun. The plot could be a story for a video game, itself. Normally I hate having to backtrack a lot, but the plot and challenge more than made-up for it. It's also high on my list because the new partner, which was my favorite in the game, played a huge role in this chapter, unlike characters, like Watt in 64, that showed up at the very end of her chapter.

8 had many fun bosses and puzzles. Great end to an awesome game.

5 had good puzzles, obstacles, and the enemies were fun. I got a kick out of Four-eyes' comment halfway through the chapter. Though the lack of a mid boss and a few too many trips in the jungle brought it down a little.

Besides the backtracking in the beginning, 7 was fun. At least the backtracking characters you needed to find weren't too much out of the way if you used the pipes in the underground area. I just wish the enemy base was bigger.

It was fun doing all those puzzles with the punies in chapter 2. I wish they could have been in the game for more than just one chapter.

1 was still fun, but had the weakest plot in the whole game. It made up for it with puzzles to solve and an interesting boss. I still liked it, but PM64 did a far better job with their prologue and chapter 1.

6 was the only real chapter I didn't like at all. Similar to 64's penguin village, I didn't care for the detective portion in these types of games. And the few battles and places to run through weren't that impressive. I'm just glad it didn't last too long.

And the prologue was just a short tutorial. 64 had a nice plot to their prologue, but this one didn't really have one. But it ended quickly, so it's not a real problem.

User Info: Doopliss_Power

Doopliss_Power
1 month ago#2
3 > 6 > 8 > 1 (these are very good) > 7 > 4 > 5 > 2 (these are less good)
whoops I didn't mean to post that

User Info: MetaKirb7

MetaKirb7
1 month ago#3
https://streamable.com/mtzlg0

User Info: GenericGuy

GenericGuy
1 month ago#4
6 > 5 > 8 >>>> 7 > 3 > 4 > 1 >>>> P > 2
My top 10 favourite games - https://i.imgur.com/cfJP2H0.jpg

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
1 month ago#5
I'd vote Chapter 8, but that's mainly because it suffered the least of the game's problems in terms of backtracking and pacing, in my opinion. For the most part, it's a straightforward walk to the end with little-to-no side trips needed to progress.
"You will be missed, Alpha Dream. You will be missed", my feedback for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 survey

User Info: MasterLink2012

MasterLink2012
1 month ago#6
Lol I made this topic awhile ago too XD.
I see where you got the inspiration from.. But chapter 5 is still my favourite.

User Info: Rookie06

Rookie06
1 month ago#7
3 is goated

5-8 are great except the very beginning of 7

4 is great mostly, but some weaker sections

1 is solid

2 is meh

User Info: deadpool_legend

deadpool_legend
1 month ago#8
3 is by far the best
I like 1, 5, and 6
2, 4, and 7 are kinda bad...as bad as you can be in a game as good as this though...meaning they were still pretty good.
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool (1996) Issue #3

User Info: Luigi_64

Luigi_64
1 month ago#9
1 is fine but pretty boring and generic
2 has a cool visual style and the punis are great but it is pretty frustrating
3 is amazing and has such a cool concept and plotline
4 is also great and has some cool concepts but has frustrating backtracking
5 is solid but nothing too exceptional
6 is also amazing, I love the train and the story of the chapter
7 is pretty great but some of the earlier parts are annoying