• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: The Origami King
  3. This Game is Going to Suck

User Info: RegalPixelKing

RegalPixelKing
3 weeks ago#1
Nintendo refuses to listen to their fans. This game will be the best of the Post-Super Paper Mario games, but the best of the worst is still bad.

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
3 weeks ago#2
Yeah I don't have high hopes for Origami King.
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: Gruntling

Gruntling
3 weeks ago#3
To be fair, fans don't always know best and I appreciate trying new things (although this is the third go at the Sticker Star formula), but yeah this looks disappointing.
GRUNTLING
Since April 26th, 2003

A_Field_Lover
3 weeks ago#4
Gruntling posted...
To be fair, fans don't always know best and I appreciate trying new things (although this is the third go at the Sticker Star formula), but yeah this looks disappointing.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The 64 and TTYD formula had lots of room to be improved and built upon. But noooo, let's abandon it entirely.
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: Gamegeek123

Gamegeek123
3 weeks ago#5
A_Field_Lover posted...
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The 64 and TTYD formula had lots of room to be improved and built upon. But noooo, let's abandon it entirely.

IS just doesn't know what they're doing, because TTYD was supposed to improve on 64's formula but flopped. The game became even more of a hallway simulator, the combat still had the same s***ty mechanics, and nothing interesting was added to the progression/level up system. It's very possible that the 64/TTYD formula can't be salvaged.
Posted by a user with refined tastes.

User Info: GujinKami

GujinKami
3 weeks ago#6
Gamegeek123 posted...
because TTYD was supposed to improve on 64's formula but flopped
TTYD sold double the amount of 64 though. Typical that a SS fanboy doesn't know what the word 'flop' means xD
~Gujin
http://i.imgur.com/39lX5ve.jpg http://i.imgur.com/9S9glYE.png https://imgur.com/a/Qxo9jXF

User Info: DrewV1235

DrewV1235
3 weeks ago#7
i respect your opinion, but i really LOVE how it looks lol and is super excited to play it,.. eh cant please everybody am I right XD

A_Field_Lover
3 weeks ago#8
Gamegeek123 posted...
IS just doesn't know what they're doing, because TTYD was supposed to improve on 64's formula but flopped. The game became even more of a hallway simulator, the combat still had the same s***ty mechanics, and nothing interesting was added to the progression/level up system. It's very possible that the 64/TTYD formula can't be salvaged.
Nah, it could've easily been perfected by now if every game post TTYD kept its formula with tweaks. Intsys just didn't give it a chance despite TTYD being beloved and selling more than 64.

User Info: DrewV1235

DrewV1235
3 weeks ago#9
DrewV1235 posted...
i respect your opinion, but i really LOVE how it looks lol and is super excited to play it,.. eh cant please everybody am I right XD
plus I even played all the others before this one, even TTYD, and I still love this game...

User Info: Gamegeek123

Gamegeek123
3 weeks ago#10
A_Field_Lover posted...
Nah, it could've easily been perfected by now if every game post TTYD kept its formula with tweaks. Intsys just didn't give it a chance despite TTYD being beloved and selling more than 64.

Knowing IS's very inconsistent track record especially with Fire Emblem, I have very little faith in them in actually pulling off a successful iterative series.
Posted by a user with refined tastes.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario: The Origami King
  3. This Game is Going to Suck
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A