• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  3. Wow. Can't even play this without the saves corrupting.
Guilmon_80 1 year ago#1
I honestly want my money back.
Little furry animal beats big green monster. Sort of sounds like a fairy tale that's had too much to drink. -Rocket Raccoon
nebula2 1 year ago#2
That's first I hear about it.
Switch FC:SW-0857-4415-9982, AC:NH Nebula from Hamsterdam, DA-8148-3871-7726.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/catalog/acnh/nebula2?show=wishlist
CPS82 1 year ago#3
Guilmon_80 posted...
I honestly want my money back.
I've done just that with WDL due to the exact same issue. You can refund within 14 days if the product is faulty (US), contact PlayStation support.
Came from the Gamespot merger
SammaeL 1 year ago#4
I've had it happen once in 15 hours of play. Not a big issue if you pay attention. Just save again. I do understand it should absolutely not happen, but I can work around it.
kidmuscle_1 1 year ago#5
Listen, ur saves arent actually corrupted. Its just that you got signed out of Ubisoft Connect. Connect back to it and your saves will be available again.
CPS82 1 year ago#6
kidmuscle_1 posted...
Listen, ur saves arent actually corrupted. Its just that you got signed out of Ubisoft Connect. Connect back to it and your saves will be available again.
You listen, don't spread misinformation when you clearly don't know what tf you're talking about!

Save data IS getting corrupted on the HDD, which is never good. When you log in to Ubisoft connect it is simply downloading your save data again from the cloud.

The data is still getting corrupted on your system due to the game crashing. Shady practice really but you (we) clicked that away with the T&C's of course. How it works as well makes it appear as though Ubisoft knew full well about this issue and implemented this work around to combat it temporarily. Couldn't be missing out on those holiday sales now could they ;)
Stingwray 1 year ago#7
kidmuscle_1 posted...
Actually this is correct. I play on PC and all my saved were saying corrupt. I logged out to main menu, and all of my saves were there. Not corrupted. Wish I hadn’t deleted a few of them before trying this. I was able to continue from my last save even though while in game at that time it said corrupt. Once I was in game all of my saves were normal again.
samantha_nicole 1 year ago#8
Hopefully this helps, I'm on the PS5 and my save data corrupted. I closed the game, signed out of my psn and back in. It fixed it.
CPS82 1 year ago#9
https://www.engadget.com/ubisoft-assassins-creed-valhalla-watch-dogs-legion-corrupt-save-games-211352817.html

Good that this has now been made 'woke' ;b

Hopefully the Devs will also 'wake' up now.
Mua 1 year ago#10
Stingwray posted...
Actually this is correct. I play on PC and all my saved were saying corrupt. I logged out to main menu, and all of my saves were there. Not corrupted. Wish I hadn’t deleted a few of them before trying this. I was able to continue from my last save even though while in game at that time it said corrupt. Once I was in game all of my saves were normal again.
I have confirmed this on PS4 as well. Just quit to title screen, make sure you're connected to UBISOFT. Reload game and the saves are no longer corrupted. There may be other variables that prevent this from working for some players, if it doesn't work post the details. This is a good topic. I hate it when they rush games. Thanks for your post Stingwray.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  3. Wow. Can't even play this without the saves corrupting.
  • Topic Archived