• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  3. Any way to map controls to same as Origins/Odyssey?

User Info: evenflow80

evenflow80
8 months ago#1
Getting a ton of warning messages and conflicts when I remap controls to be like Origns and Odyssey , that being :

Square - light attack
Triangle - heavy attack
X - interact
Circle- dodge

So on and so forth . It says abilities are mapped to face buttons now but im thinking kts same as in Odyssey and I have to hold down skill action button before I can use them anyways?

Its jist annoying they would change the controls so much. Like many of you between both prior games I have over 400 hours ...
"Yadamblahblahblahbla" - Toadsworth in Super Mario Sunshine.

User Info: Steelerblitz07

Steelerblitz07
8 months ago#2
I mapped it exactly like Origins and it seems to be playing just fine

User Info: Steelerblitz07

Steelerblitz07
8 months ago#3
it’s super misleading but yeah you can ignore half the warnings you get about conflicting button actions, but I triple checked and aside from smoke screen and left hand, everything is mapped out precisely as Origins was

and yes you have to hold down R2/L2 for the buttons to activate your combat skills

evenflow80
8 months ago#4
When you guys say same as Origins you mean light attack being square and heavy attack triangle ?

evenflow80
8 months ago#5
Steelerblitz07 posted...
it’s super misleading but yeah you can ignore half the warnings you get about conflicting button actions, but I triple checked and aside from smoke screen and left hand, everything is mapped out precisely as Origins was

and yes you have to hold down R2/L2 for the buttons to activate your combat skills

Don't you mean L1 and R1? In Origins R2 was Parkour .

User Info: wombat013

wombat013
8 months ago#6
So wtf do we do with smoke screen
It's weird people think computer specs, games theyre playing/want, and calling themselves the official whomever of a board should be a signature...

evenflow80
8 months ago#7
wombat013 posted...
So wtf do we do with smoke screen

Yeah seems like that one is the odd one out if you remap controls. I haven't unlocked it yet to say for sure

evenflow80
8 months ago#8
Steelerblitz07 posted...

What about alternate shoot? What does that do and is it a problem if its conflicting with another button ?

User Info: ab2c4

ab2c4
8 months ago#9
I haven't played Origins in about 18 months but recently finished Odyssey. Wasn't light attack R1 and heavy attack R2?

User Info: SammaeL

SammaeL
8 months ago#10
Anybody who has a button map similar to Origins/Odyssey, please feel free to share. The button layout is my biggest disappointment, granted I'm only an hour in.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
  3. Any way to map controls to same as Origins/Odyssey?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A