• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. MotoGP 20
  3. Career qualifying

User Info: Brizzle1690

Brizzle1690
11 months ago#1
So I always do all 3 free practise sessions. I do 1 of 3 dev tests per session and I always set the fastest lap time each time (I've since increased difficulty but regardless..) yet I'm always placed in to Q2. Should I not be placed in Q1 as the overall best racer up to that point? Is Q2 not for the lower end of the roster? Doesn't seem to matter anyway since qualifying is just about setting the fastest time you can (so I don't even understand why it's seperated to begin with) but I feel like I'm missing something or I'm mixing up the rules lol. Can anyone clarify how it works?
Crack this code of silence, all our lives in the hands of tyrants! \m/

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
4 months ago#2
There's no reason to take part in all 3 practices. I always complete the 3 tests in the first one, then move on to Q2 if I've set the best time. Just try skipping the practices completely and you'll see that Q1 is the first qualifying that allows you to move on to Q2 if your time is good enough. Only in Q2 can you qualify for the pole position, so getting the best time in practice allows you to skip Q1.

But basically the shortest way to make it through a race weekend while still getting optimal results is to do FP1 and complete the tests there if you're still doing them, then do Q2 and then the race. Otherwise if you'd skip the practices completely you'd have to do a lap in Q1 instead. So you're better of doing a lap for the third development test during practice since you still get a few points that way. And obviously if you're still doing all the tests each weekened, as I used to do for 3 seasons, then it doesn't really matter as you'll be running tons of laps anyway. There's no reason to do more than one practice session though if you can consistently get the best time during the first one.
  1. Boards
  2. MotoGP 20
  3. Career qualifying
  • Post New Message
More topics from this board...
I just downloaded itshads305579/5 12:53PM

GameFAQs Q&A