• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: red255

red255
4 months ago#1
For some reason my friends have been giving me clue two en masse. like 6 days ago one of my friends gave me 3 copies of clue 2. and gotta 4 more since then.

why are they giving me clue 2? I need clue 4. but no they just dump lots and lots of clue 2 on me, is there a game error?
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: GreenMage7

GreenMage7
4 months ago#2
red255 posted...
For some reason my friends have been giving me clue two en masse. like 6 days ago one of my friends gave me 3 copies of clue 2. and gotta 4 more since then.

why are they giving me clue 2? I need clue 4. but no they just dump lots and lots of clue 2 on me, is there a game error?

No game error. They just added the Penguin Logistics clue getters (May and Mostima) so people are getting more Clue 2s right now, similar to Clue 7s. You have a limited number of clues that are from yourself (10) in you inventory, so people just dump them off to get 20 friend points. There is no limit to the number of clues you've gotten from friends (just a 10 day expiration timer) so it doesn't hurt you to receive them. In fact, you get like 20 friend points just for someone sending it to you.

red255
4 months ago#3
I know but why are they dumping them on ME specifically? and not spreading it out over several friends? the clues expire in 10 days and I've only managed to go thru 3 of them in 6 days.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

GreenMage7
4 months ago#4
I mean, nothing bad happens if they expire and they give you free friend credits just for receiving them.

I don't see the problem, lol.

red255
4 months ago#5
you only get free credits for the first 3, afterwards it just sticks up in the notification that you got uncollected clues. I've tried leaving them for the next day, but the notification just gets me to pick it. demininshing returns, 15 for the first clue 10 for the second 5 for the third, 0 for the rest.

I normally get clues from friends on a daily basis. I mean I pass them out too if I have a surplus. like today I woke up with several clue 6s so I passed them out to DIFFERENT friends who needed them.

I've also been passing out my clue 2's as I get them.

My friends list is pretty respectable. its generally got 10 people doing a turn in a day so I get my 300 points from them.

whatever I got 7 clue dues from friends at once, managed to turn in at least 4 of them. its just the slot was filled. and then they decided to bury me with 2s.

GreenMage7
4 months ago#6
Probably just the algorithm has you at the front or back of people's friend's lists when they handing them out. Probably look through to see who needs them and if no one needed it they just dump them on the first or last person they see. It is a bit odd you got that many Clue 2s, but I remember early in the game when people didn't have as many specific clue operators occasionally getting dumped with Clue 7s.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A