• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Is Resident Evil your favourite Survival Horror franchise?

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
6 days ago#1
I think mine's either Dead Space or Project Zero.

I gave up on Silent Hill whilst playing the second one.

I've played nearly every RE game (not played Gaiden, Gun Survivor 2, Outbreak 2 or finished Dead Aim and Outbreak 1).
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: AlbertWesker35

AlbertWesker35
6 days ago#2
Yes, Resident Evil then Silent Hill.
Every day humans bring the world one step closer to destruction. I'm not destroying the world, I'm saving it.

User Info: Crimson_Storm

Crimson_Storm
6 days ago#3
Resident evil is. Is dead space survival horror? I’ve never played it but my understanding of it is that it was action horror but with a lot of horror elements than you’d see in other action horror games (RE4,5 and6)
I'll never long for what might have been
Easily my favorite horror franchise since they don't really have any other big competitions in the market at the moment. Silent Hill used to be one but that franchise is gone. And big horror games like Dead Space, Dying Light, Dead Island, Evil Within don't have enough games out. The rest are just indie stuff.

User Info: alex91093

alex91093
6 days ago#5
I mean yes but it barely ever feels like a survival horror any more. Fatal frame is my favorite one that feels like a survival horror. I haven't even beaten one but it's so damn good. That and silent Hill 1-3. I hate how the only survival horror games being made today are just walking simulators. Not fun at all. Siren blood curse is pretty great as well but it's a cake walk once you know what to do.
Xbox/PSN = alex91093 Youtube = AlexEqualsAwesome93
Motto = I did it because it was funny

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
6 days ago#6
survival horror its a gimmick of buzz word, I think Minecraft is more about survival. And those creepers coming out of your back with no noise in the middle of nowhere are more scary than anything in RE. Losing your items and having to find them with no map is the most scary feeling.
ManuMiAS stands for MasterMind.

User Info: hunkisgod

hunkisgod
6 days ago#7
deadspace is my favorite

User Info: amadeofan1

amadeofan1
6 days ago#8
Crimson_Storm posted...
Resident evil is. Is dead space survival horror? I’ve never played it but my understanding of it is that it was action horror but with a lot of horror elements than you’d see in other action horror games (RE4,5 and6)

1 and 2 are in my opinion and are both wonderful games worth playing
Putting someone on your ignore list is the gamefaqs equivalent of taking your ball and going home
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: hunkisgod

hunkisgod
6 days ago#9
Crimson_Storm posted...
Yes and no

Its more cosmic horror than anything. Influnced by alien,aliens,bioshock, the thing and event horizon

User Info: Fiz57

Fiz57
6 days ago#10
If classic, I go for MGS over RE.

Horror, Dead Space while Fatal Frame/Project Zero I long give up since Nintendo made it their exclusive instead of multi-platform.

In co-op action, RE5&6 because it also available offline when the server goes down in the future. Wish DS3 has offline co-op campaign so I could complete the optional areas but it has the interesting part where Carver could see something Isaac couldn't which is why online only made sense.
Cardboard boxes are amazing. You could use it to sneak around. Drop on someone to stun them. Heck if you aren't satisfy with ramming, try a tank through co-op.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Is Resident Evil your favourite Survival Horror franchise?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A