• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. The difference between Resident Evil 2 Remake and Reimagining 3 (spoilers)

User Info: WednesdayAddams

WednesdayAddams
2 months ago#1
So, due to the leaked gameplay a lot of us have been concerned about the cut content, yet many people keep sayinig that this wasn't supposed to be a 1:1 remake like 1, but a remake like 2, which changed a lot of thinks, therefore it doesn't matter if the park, clock tower, dead factory, gas station, etc, are cut from the game, because it's supposed to be a reimagining. We should've expect that, they say, as RE2R wasn't a 1:1 remake either. Well let me tell you that there is a big difference between the two games.

Even though RE2R did change a lot, it mantained pretty much all iconic areas that the original had: RPD. Check. Sewers. Check. Lab. Check. Marshalling Yard, well it was in the laboratory, so check. Kendo. Check. Streets, basketball court, etc. Check. And even expanded on some stuff like the sewers and RPD, while giving an all new location like the Orphanage, which, even though it wasn't much, it was still there.

Yes the location of those areas and the order of the events was a little bit remixed, but at the end of the day, everything it was still there. It still felt like Resident Evil 2 despite the lack of proper B scenarios and the cut of some enemies such as spiders and crows. We had all of Birkin's forms and even the alligator.

But Reimagining 3 is different. They cut the Gravedigger, the Gas Station (which is now relegated to a 10 sec long cutscene), Press Office, City Hall, Clock Tower, Park, and even Uptown (which was relegated to a 10 min long sequence in which, once you're out of it, you can't go back to those areas). And what did they expand upon or replace such locations with? Expanded RPD, a building which we already visited in it's entirety last year, so that's not giving us anything new, its laziness since they only expanded that section because the assets were already there, the Hospital, okay fair enough, and an all-new lab which was, yet again, reused assets from NEST. Sewer level, again reused from RE2.

But hey, we can visit now more buildings such as the supermarket, pharmacy, that warehouse thing where the safe is, and donut store, right? :D Well, sort of, those places are really tiny, and there's not much to do there. I would've accepted that if they gave us WAY MORE of such places to explore, but no, what you explore in the demo that is as much backtracking and city exploration as you're going to get. After that is just cinematic sequences where Nemesis chases with a Rocket Launcher (which only happens once in the whole game) and a Flame Thrower. You can't backtrack to RPD, you can't explore the Gas Station, you can't backtrack to Uptown, you can't do nothing. And while you may argue that in Resident Evil 3 it was pointless to backtrack to such places since there wasn't much to do, still, you had the freedom to do so. I don't care is there nothing to do, but I would love to examine every detail of such areas, but this game takes away that liberty from you.

Reimagining 3 is so much different to Resident Evil 3 that if they changed Jill, Carlos, Mikhail, Nicholai, Tyrell, Brad, Marvin and Nemesis with other characters with different names, you wouldn't be able to tell that this was supposed to be Resident Evil 3, and with RE2R that is not the case.

But I'm sure, you're still going to defend this, how? I don't know. All of my points are there for everyone to see.

User Info: IronAvenger08

IronAvenger08
2 months ago#2
And I am still BUYING the game

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
2 months ago#3
WednesdayAddams posted...
But I'm sure, you're still going to defend this, how?

Capcom already told us there would be more changes this time around than there was in RE2's remake.

https://www.siliconera.com/resident-evil-3-remake-will-have-more-rearranged-elements-compared-to-resident-evil-2/

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/19/resident-evil-3-makes-some-big-changes-to-the-original

So why would we have to defend anything when we already knew what we were getting? You set yourself up for disappointment when you expect the contrary.

User Info: aquathemaster

aquathemaster
2 months ago#4
I could have sworn that I read something from an interview about this game being more of a reimagining than a copy/paste remake. I could be wrong however and while it may be disappointing, I am never the less going to give it a shot. I'm still excited for the game and to at least see what potential it has.
--
Helena knows something Leon doesnt. Can she be trusted or is she just in for her own. #1 RE6 character cant wait to play as her. great character information

User Info: MrXGamer

MrXGamer
2 months ago#5
Yep, exactly my thoughts TC. It's quite amusing a game from 1999 had a bigger world than this piece of trash in 2020.

Kills the f***ing lore too. With exactly the same areas as RE2 (streets > RPD > Sewers > Lab), how come these characters never meet each other or see the destruction left behind by other characters? There is a reason why the original RE3 had different areas. Many preferred it over 2 because majority of it takes place in outside environments. Now that's gone.

Nobody even liked REmake 2's version of the lab compared to the original. It was too clean and futuristic. They had the audacity to bring that trashy place back. Sigh...
Now Playing (and for the next 50 years): Path of Exile!
Win 10 Pro | Vive Pro | PS4 Pro | The only Pro platforms for Pro gamers.

User Info: dafter83

dafter83
2 months ago#6
IronAvenger08 posted...
And I am still BUYING the game

User Info: windice93

windice93
2 months ago#7
Some people will defend the games short comings to death ignoring everything you said. (Shrug) it is what it is.

User Info: IronAvenger08

IronAvenger08
2 months ago#8
windice93 posted...
Some people will defend the games short comings to death ignoring everything you said. (Shrug) it is what it is.

Because we don't give a damn about a 10 minute Clock Tower puzzle that was not remade. Grow up. Times and games change.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
2 months ago#9
windice93 posted...

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/5/8/6/AAd5RlAAAS8S.jpg

User Info: windice93

windice93
2 months ago#10
IronAvenger08 posted...
Because we don't give a damn about a 10 minute Clock Tower puzzle that was not remade. Grow up. Times and games change.
If you actually read the argument, you would know that that is not what they are talking about.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. The difference between Resident Evil 2 Remake and Reimagining 3 (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A