• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Did you play/enjoy the original RE3 and do you approve of all the changes?
Never played the original but I'm still neutral and on the fence with this for now. Seeing people talk bad about it is concerning but if they are able to extend and improve the other sections that weren't in the original to make this just as long if not longer than I can see this being just as good or even better. Will have to wait for April 3 to finally give the score. To give another example, I still liked the original RE2 more than its remake version but RE2 remake is still one of the better resident evil games to come out in over a decade. I voted choice 3 for now.

User Info: trob32

trob32
2 days ago#12
I didn't play the original that much so I don't really have too much of an attachment to it, but I do remember liking the second half of the game a lot more than the first. That being said, I don't mind the changes. Also, this is pretty much a remake because I am pretty sure the story going forward is going to follow this over the original. Remakes do not have to be exactly like the original.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Spiritlittle

Spiritlittle
2 days ago#13
Completely fine with the changes. If I wanted to play the same game, I would just go play the original.

Same thing with film adaptations. I want there to be differences from the books. If I wanted the same story in the same way, I would just read the book again.
Official Raven of the Injustice 2 boards
Official Jill Valentine of the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite boards
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: -Frog-

-Frog-
2 days ago#14
I had to pick the not approve one but it's not completely correct. Some changes are fine but in all those changes, some of them I don't agree with. The especially large cuts of original RE3 locations was a bad decision and while Grave Digger isn't a huge loss I would have loved to see them animate him and make him a more interesting boss in this version. The lack of extra modes and mini games also hurts this game in my view among a lot of other smaller things.

I'm picky when it comes to remakes of old games I loved. Kind of like Trials of Mana, the fact that it doesn't have co-op anymore really hurts my view of it. Half the fun was playing it with my wife. Trial of Mana looks phenomenal but not being able to play co-op is possibly a deal breaker for me.
~ Before death claims a man, he is made to bear witness a second time to those memories engraved most deeply upon his heart. ~
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: the-maxx

the-maxx
2 days ago#15
One problem this poll may have is that all those voting haven't fully spoiled the game yet. Some here think those who take issue with the game are basing their opinions off incomplete or invalid leaks, not knowing that the entire gameplay has leaked from multiple sources.

I voted "I played and did not enjoy the original; I do NOT approve of the changes". While I felt the original was well-designed, I felt it was overly ambitious and held back by the technical limitations of its time, and thus was the most appropriate of the first three games to get a large scale reimagining. It deserved better than this stripped down, streamlined, unambitious, and inappropriate version that too heavily focuses on visual stimulation and action set-pieces rather than exploration, inventory management, and lock and key level design.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
2 days ago#16
-Frog- posted...
I had to pick the not approve one but it's not completely correct. Some changes are fine but in all those changes, some of them I don't agree with. The especially large cuts of original RE3 locations was a bad decision and while Grave Digger isn't a huge loss I would have loved to see them animate him and make him a more interesting boss in this version. The lack of extra modes and mini games also hurts this game in my view among a lot of other smaller things.

I'm picky when it comes to remakes of old games I loved. Kind of like Trials of Mana, the fact that it doesn't have co-op anymore really hurts my view of it. Half the fun was playing it with my wife. Trial of Mana looks phenomenal but not being able to play co-op is possibly a deal breaker for me.

Does Secret of Mana PS4 have co-op?
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 day ago#17
Where's the "I like some changes, dislike others " option? Why do you have to approve of all of them?
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: Crohnos

Crohnos
1 day ago#18
Sega9599 posted...
Where's the "I like some changes, dislike others " option? Why do you have to approve of all of them?
It’s supposed to be like “do you approve of the changes overall”
Horror game enthusiast (92 completed)

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
1 day ago#19
Sega9599 posted...

This.
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!

User Info: KungGuld

KungGuld
1 day ago#20
The RE universe feels intact, so sure. I approve.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Did you play/enjoy the original RE3 and do you approve of all the changes?
  • Post New Message