• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. This game should not be $50!

User Info: tte02000

tte02000
3 months ago#1
Is this game worth spending $50 on? - Results (34 votes)
Yes
67.65% (23 votes)
No
32.35% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
After playing the demo and getting spoiled minor details I can see why RE3 remake is releasing quick. It's essentially an expansion pack to RE2 with Jill sandwich, Nemesis, Bells, and whistles. Can you actually spend $50 bucks and say it was worth playing for that price? Or do you just simply love Resident Evil not to care that much?

User Info: Sir_Punsalot

Sir_Punsalot
3 months ago#2
Here’s the thing though, this game by itself isn’t 60 bucks.
this game plus that L4D wannabe game are bundled together.
So by sheer value I’d say yes 2 games are worth the price... now the problem is whether you are or aren’t interested in the free game.
Personally I’m not interested, but I plan on playing through many playthroughs of RE3 so no problems for me.
"Y'all are stupid" - Guzman
PS3, ps4: gamersama (s*** user id I know). PsVita:uae_spetsnaz.

tte02000
3 months ago#3
To be honest I forgot about Project Resistance but my stance still stands. I'd bank on $39.99 being a fair price for this game.

User Info: mackgever

mackgever
3 months ago#4
I would say no (Resistance exluded). Re3R could be also big expansion for Re2R adding new scenario, new weapons and dodge mechanics

User Info: TCrinaleT

TCrinaleT
3 months ago#5
So this is how it works now:

• They give you a free bundled game. Base game must be terrible.
  • They release DLC for the game. Scam because you are paying an extra to something that should be included in the game by default.
  • They don't release any DLC for the game. Terrible because lack of content.

I've paid 60€ for games were a lot less resources were invested than in RE3. And they never gave me a free bundled alternative mode/extra game. And I never regretted any of those buys because I had a lot of fun playing those games.

Reading this board is a bit painful sometimes. The spoiled and entitled attitude is real.
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1356769

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
3 months ago#6
as far as I'm concerned, it's worth full price as much as the original was. I didn't play Mercs, and I won't be playing REsistance (need PS+ for that, right?), but I felt the original game was worth it.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: MrChuckleteeth

MrChuckleteeth
3 months ago#7
No, it’s worth $60.

User Info: konohaJounin

konohaJounin
3 months ago#8
Yeah its not worth $60, even the developers basically said this. In one of the recent dev videos they put out they mentioned that re2r and 3 were originally going to be released as a bundle, but they decided to delay re3 and that’s why they’re including resistance with it because they felt its not enough on its own. I’m going to wait till its about $40, even though i do like the direction capcom went with re2 and 3 and i wish they would continue like this and not make anything else like 7.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
3 months ago#9
ooh, link that interview! it sounds interesting.

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

tte02000
3 months ago#10
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
ooh, link that interview! it sounds interesting.

Yeah man I want to look into that interview as well. I paid $24.99 for RE2 remake and would buy Re3 remake for that same price at the same time just to compare the two. I just can't see myself spending over $40 bucks for remakes anymore especially after the Call of Duty madness that has been going on for years.

TCrinaleT posted...

I've paid 60€ for games were a lot less resources were invested than in RE3. And they never gave me a free bundled alternative mode/extra game. And I never regretted any of those buys because I had a lot of fun playing those games.

Learn how to save your ass some grass.

1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. This game should not be $50!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A