• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Whats bad about this game....... after the leak?
WednesdayAddams posted...
Of course we didn't get much insight back in the day. But just imagine Jill going to RPD here. Seeing her react to Brad's turning, having to kill him, interacting with Marvin, commenting on Leon's party, saying something I'm the Stars room. But it's not like they can improve over the original game right?

Jill did not kill Brad in the original because Brad didn't turn in the original. Carlos comments on Leon's party and about Jill in the STARS room. These things happen and you're completely unaware but ready to write it off because it's not Jill there lol
GoodChoicesPls posted...
Jill did not kill Brad in the original because Brad didn't turn in the original. Carlos comments on Leon's party and about Jill in the STARS room. These things happen and you're completely unaware but ready to write it off because it's not Jill there lol
It does happen with Carlos, but as I sad, since he has no connection to the RPD or any of the people there. Jills comments to all of that would've been way better, and since Brad turns here and Carlos kills him, when he is another zombie to Carlos, would've been better to see Jill reacting to her own partner And killing him

User Info: -Frog-

-Frog-
2 days ago#63
GoodChoicesPls posted...
Jill did not kill Brad in the original because Brad didn't turn in the original.

We don't see him in RE2 2019 so it makes sense we would in RE3 as turned. It would also be more impactful if Jill was the one who dealt with him concerning their connection, same thing with Marvin.

Zombie Brad was in the og RE2 but wasn't in it's remake. So he is most likely to appear in RE3 now as zombie Brad. Not hard to figure out.

~ Before death claims a man, he is made to bear witness a second time to those memories engraved most deeply upon his heart. ~
Marvin was literally the one who dealt with Zombie Brad. Zombie Brad is who bit Marvin and why he says what he says to Leon/Claire in RE2. Carlos has a connection to Jill. Leon has literally never met Jill in her life and STARS is a different department. I'm not saying it would have been out of place for Jill to do those things. I'm saying the degree of separation between Jill and Carlos there isn't so much that the exact same things that you would like to see Jill do are things that Carlos does and they aren't dampened in the slightest because he's doing them instead.

You still get a Jill and Brad interaction of comparable length to the original.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: edgefury

edgefury
2 days ago#65
WednesdayAddams posted...
Clock Tower, Park and Dead Factory. Uptown is also an on rails intro that lasts about 10 mins and after that you can't go back there. Gas Station is also background only pretty much. You don't explore it. No press office nor restaurant or city hall.

is it even worth getting?

re3 was always my favourite of the ps1 trio... I was hyped until I heard about them cutting iconic areas.

Best COD player ever

-Frog-
2 days ago#66
edgefury posted...
is it even worth getting?

re3 was always my favourite of the ps1 trio... I was hyped until I heard about them cutting iconic areas.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for an action horror shooter with cool guns and enemies, you'll enjoy it. If you're a fan of RE3 (RE in general) and don't mind a bunch of changes and different story elements from the original, same thing applies.

If you really loved the original and hoped to see it fleshed out with more information regarding the lore and it's story, then this won't be for you. The way I look at it, this remake is a cool game I've played a hundred times before in a different title. The third person shooter is not uncommon and if the game doesn't really expand on the things I really liked about the original my need of it is much lower.

Make up your own mind, regardless I don't think it'll be a bad game, just less of what some of us wanted, while more of what others did.
~ Before death claims a man, he is made to bear witness a second time to those memories engraved most deeply upon his heart. ~

edgefury
2 days ago#67
-Frog- posted...
Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for an action horror shooter with cool guns and enemies, you'll enjoy it. If you're a fan of RE3 (RE in general) and don't mind a bunch of changes and different story elements from the original, same thing applies.

If you really loved the original and hoped to see it fleshed out with more information regarding the lore and it's story, then this won't be for you. The way I look at it, this remake is a cool game I've played a hundred times before in a different title. The third person shooter is not uncommon and if the game doesn't really expand on the things I really liked about the original my need of it is much lower.

Make up your own mind, regardless I don't think it'll be a bad game, just less of what some of us wanted, while more of what others did.

has it got a decent horror atmosphere?? I scare easy and re2 had quite a few jump scares, especially at first before got more ammo.

might wait for sale
Best COD player ever

-Frog-
2 days ago#68
edgefury posted...
has it got a decent horror atmosphere?? I scare easy and re2 had quite a few jump scares, especially at first before got more ammo.

might wait for sale

Don't know, didn't play it. Only saw a pretty large chunk of that french guy streaming it. It looks decent in some areas but I really wanted this to be RE3 but bigger. Like expanded areas of the original, seeing the old locations in new graphics, expanding the story and role of Carlos (which they seem to have done) and just reliving the classic.

Some things pull me in, while others push me away and as it stands there's more pushing me away then pulling me in.

If you feel like there are more negatives versus positives I'd say don't get it. If you're still interested after all the negatives, go for it. I'm right on the line between being in or out for this game. Same thing happened with RE2 but I ended up not getting it.

This one is a little harder for me because RE3 is my favorite... but this version of it feels like I won't enjoy it from what I've seen. There are a lot of decisions made that I don't like.

edgefury
2 days ago#69
-Frog- posted...
Don't know, didn't play it. Only saw a pretty large chunk of that french guy streaming it. It looks decent in some areas but I really wanted this to be RE3 but bigger. Like expanded areas of the original, seeing the old locations in new graphics, expanding the story and role of Carlos (which they seem to have done) and just reliving the classic.

Some things pull me in, while others push me away and as it stands there's more pushing me away then pulling me in.

If you feel like there are more negatives versus positives I'd say don't get it. If you're still interested after all the negatives, go for it. I'm right on the line between being in or out for this game. Same thing happened with RE2 but I ended up not getting it.

This one is a little harder for me because RE3 is my favorite... but this version of it feels like I won't enjoy it from what I've seen. There are a lot of decisions made that I don't like.
its looking like a sale item for me... although there are no game shops currently open so might be a few months haha
Best COD player ever

-Frog-
2 days ago#70
edgefury posted...
its looking like a sale item for me... although there are no game shops currently open so might be a few months haha

Haha yeah I get that, same here. If I even get this game it will be way down the line.

Best of luck out there and stay healthy ;)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Whats bad about this game....... after the leak?
  • Post New Message