• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Whats bad about this game....... after the leak?

User Info: Mizerous

Mizerous
6 days ago#51
Well the original R3 was just a gaiden of 2 so reused areas was expected.
Mrgrgr...
Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
6 days ago#52
WednesdayAddams posted...
Yeah the thing is that RPD segment on RE3R is no achievement at all.
This isn't about "achievements" (Wtf lol). It's about narrative and gameplay and seeing the RPD one day before Leon and Claire get there is actually linking some stuff to RE2 directly and makes the whole Raccoon City outbreak saga more like an overall grand story between two games.

The Park doesn't have the same narrative drive linking events together and the RPD is way better now than in the original RE3.
AWAITING: Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII
(edited 6 days ago)
Yeah the thing is that RPD segment on RE3R is no achievement at all. Why? Because we visited the whole thing last year. They're just being lazy? Why add the Clock Tower or the Park and expand them, when we can just reuse the RPD from last game? And still people will be thanking us that we put this much effort into expanding the RPD!

And again the hospital and lab are significantly meatier (hospital segment alone is double the time). The park is a gateway to the Dead Factory. The Clock Tower itself is iconic for two scenes. One is missing and I will give you that point. The other is intact. R3make devoted space to a different area. There's nothing about the hospital segment at all that screams lazy lol

You can be bothered that stuff is missing that's fine but a year ago RE2 is flat out missing scenarios and a canonical storyline and is still being hailed as a masterpiece because it's a damn good product. This is also a damn good product.
(edited 6 days ago)
jill looks like a man. her face is almost disingenuous to woman everywhere. how this is OK is beyond me
FNFred posted...
This isn't about "achievements" (Wtf lol). It's about narrative and gameplay and seeing the RPD one day before Leon and Claire get there is actually linking some stuff to RE2 directly and makes the whole Raccoon City outbreak saga more like an overall grand story between two games.

The Park doesn't have the same narrative drive linking events together and the RPD is way better now than in the original RE3.
And still they fail about the narrative aspect of the RPD by having Carlos go there instead of Jill.

Thank you Capcom for expanding on something you did last year and having a character with no connection to that place whatsoever go in, and thus that character can't give any actual insight. Amazing
...what part of the narrative involved Jill going to the RPD other than fighting Nemmy and Brad dying outside of it?

There were no scenes in the RPD other than the fax. She literally went there for her lockpick. She didn't acknowledge Marvin beyond being mortally wounded. What narrative piece is missing?

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
6 days ago#57
And still they fail about the narrative aspect of the RPD by having Carlos go there instead of Jill.
Carlos or Jill? You're missing the point.

The narrative is you as a player gets to see it. You'll know what I mean when you play it.
AWAITING: Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII
GoodChoicesPls posted...
...what part of the narrative involved Jill going to the RPD other than fighting Nemmy and Brad dying outside of it?

There were no scenes in the RPD other than the fax. She literally went there for her lockpick. She didn't acknowledge Marvin beyond being mortally wounded. What narrative piece is missing?
Of course we didn't get much insight back in the day. But just imagine Jill going to RPD here. Seeing her react to Brad's turning, having to kill him, interacting with Marvin, commenting on Leon's party, saying something I'm the Stars room. But it's not like they can improve over the original game right?

User Info: IronAvenger08

IronAvenger08
6 days ago#59
Of course we didn't get much insight back in the day. But just imagine Jill going to RPD here. Seeing her react to Brad's turning, having to kill him, interacting with Marvin, commenting on Leon's party, saying something I'm the Stars room. But it's not like they can improve over the original game right?

If we go by a narrative standpoint it made no sense for Jill to go into RPD at all. Chief Irons screwed Jill & Chris over so bad they looked like lunatics. I never understood why Jill didn't have her own tools at home. She kept an assault rifle in her apartment but not a lock pick?
(edited 6 days ago)
IronAvenger08 posted...
If we go by a narrative standpoint it made no sense for Jill to go into RPD at all. Chief Irons screwed Jill & Chris over so bad they looked like lunatics. I never understood why Jill didn't have her own tools at home. She kept an assault rifle in her apartment but not a lock pick?
Whatever you say man
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Whats bad about this game....... after the leak?
  • Post New Message