• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Which Resident Evil had the best story?

User Info: Spiral_Wind

Spiral_Wind
3 days ago#1
Of just the mainline games which I suppose should include Revelations 1 and 2, which game do you think has the best story?

I've played through 0, 1, 4 and 5 over the past few weeks and I'd probably say 5 had the strongest story of that bunch.

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
3 days ago#2
6 has the best story and all the characters stories come together

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
3 days ago#3
Probably 5 because it warps up the Umbrella storyline imo which they later butchered with the Neo Umbrella and Blue Umbrella garbage in 6 and 7 but still, killing Wesker brought the series to a proper closure for the 4 protagonists(even though Leon and Claire weren't there) as he was the last remnant that tied them with the nightmares of Umbrella.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: D_R_I_G

D_R_I_G
3 days ago#4
I liked 5 the best. Probably has more to do with the acting and presentation than the writing though.

User Info: edward18

edward18
3 days ago#5
Code Veronica no contest.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Duallton

Duallton
3 days ago#6
5>1>3>2>4>7>CV>6>0
Not changing this signature until Atlus announce a P3/P4 HD Collection for PS4

User Info: TheDawnRider

TheDawnRider
3 days ago#7
I have a soft spot for Code Veronica. Despite all the (charming) sillyness there is a decently interesting and fun story. 5 sucked ass. Generic action movie crap and ruined Wesker and Spencer's backstory in a single scene. (Wesker Children) Also besides Wesker who is atleast somewhat fun everyone is forgettable. Chris is a generic tough guy soldier and Sheva and Josh are boring as hell. Oh, Jill was ruined too btw. It "ties up the story"? Yeah and does a horrible job doing it.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: -Frog-

-Frog-
2 days ago#8
Original 3. They were simple, fun and to the point and laid some fun lore to get into. It got convoluted the further they got and made a mess of it.
~ Before death claims a man, he is made to bear witness a second time to those memories engraved most deeply upon his heart. ~

User Info: Morpheus102686

Morpheus102686
2 days ago#9
For a single game, OG 2 easily. However, if multiple games can be counted, then the OG trilogy as the Umbrella arc is great and it was still somewhat grounded sci-fi. Later games from 4 on had crappy unrealistic s*** like alien parasites, giant statues chasing you, clones, etc.
New York Yankees
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
2 days ago#10
OG 2 & 3.

CV lead nowhere, 4 was a side story, 5 was decent but cheesy as f*** and 6 was just bad.

7 was decent though.
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Which Resident Evil had the best story?
  • Post New Message