• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Question about the Resident Evil CV remake

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
6 days ago#11
I think a CV remake is likely if RE3 does well, which, let's face it, it will. It's the only game left that could really benefit from a remake. RE1R still holds up, Zero got a remaster a few years back and the only one of the classic games left is CV.

RE4 could be an option but then again they still make a lot of money porting it to new consoles and devices. Kinda pointless to remake a game that still holds up when you can make a ton of money bringing it to new consoles as is.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
6 days ago#12
seems they already discussed it an decided against it at some point?

i really hope they revisit those talks again.

cv needs a modern take, i don't care if it's a re imagining or whatever long as a new game is made er remade.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.
So “Code: Veronica” jumped the realism shark— but RE2 was hyper realistic? With it’s overgrown alligator?

Yeah okay.

Elements from CV would just be reimagined, that’s all.... CV is arguably the one title that deserves a remake most.
(edited 6 days ago)
A "modernized" take on Alfred & Alexia's dynamic is going to be compromise city. It'll either have everything that made it creepy removed or it'll get a forgettable rewrite.

A "modernized" Steve is going to be worse than the original, he'll most likely be a foul-mouthed character with millennial quips & repetitive in-game adlibs ("I got this! You gotta be kidding me! I got this!") that you'll be AI-partnered with for several scenes in the game. He'll be pretty close to a male version of Moira, and any version of Moira is a bad version.

People will hate RE Engine Wesker. Guaranteed.
"This is what makes a legend!" - Terry, KoF '99
RE Outbreak/PSN: Stick_Breitling; Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: motobuchi

motobuchi
6 days ago#15
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
A "modernized" take on Alfred & Alexia's dynamic is going to be compromise city. It'll either have everything that made it creepy removed or it'll get a forgettable rewrite.

A "modernized" Steve is going to be worse than the original, he'll most likely be a foul-mouthed character with millennial quips & repetitive in-game adlibs ("I got this! You gotta be kidding me! I got this!") that you'll be AI-partnered with for several scenes in the game. He'll be pretty close to a male version of Moira, and any version of Moira is a bad version.

People will hate RE Engine Wesker. Guaranteed.

You might be overthinking it.

If anything, the game will just need better voice-acting and smarter dialogue.
motobuchi posted...
You might be overthinking it.
Maybe, but RE7, REmake2 and REmake3 has made the franchise 3 out of 3 with polarizing (if not outright awful) classic RE character returns (especially with visual portrayals) so I'd say that makes it a good bet.

I'd also say that folks would be underthinking it they've experienced those three games and did not expect that to happen in a fourth.
"This is what makes a legend!" - Terry, KoF '99
RE Outbreak/PSN: Stick_Breitling; Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN
I they do RECVmake, it and the three before it are on my list. If not, not.

User Info: edward18

edward18
6 days ago#18
3 was way more action than CV ever was.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: the-maxx

the-maxx
6 days ago#19
The reason why we are getting two remakes back to back is because both originals were largely built from the same assets. It's cheaper to make RE3R now as a sequel to RE2R rather than later. CV Remake may happen, but not any time soon due to the additional man hours required.

User Info: Raddest_Chad

Raddest_Chad
6 days ago#20
BlackNine34435 posted...
I predict they put REmakes on the back burner for a while, unless RE 3 does outrageously well, then maybe a Code Veronica remake could become a more immediate priority for Capcom. Either way I think it's definitely possible.
That sounds pretty likely. Ideally, they'll wait a bit then HOPEFULLY remake CV and a new, real sequel to it (call it CV2) that starts with Chris and Claire arriving in Europe and taking on Umbrella HQ. Have Barry, Jill, and Rebecca show up too, why not?
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Question about the Resident Evil CV remake
  • Post New Message