• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Question about the Resident Evil CV remake

User Info: Jakesr

Jakesr
1 week ago#1
Would the CV remake only be considered down to the success of remake 3 or do you think they leave it out. CV was my first ever Resident Evil game I played and have alot good memories about it.

User Info: BlackNine34435

BlackNine34435
1 week ago#2
I predict they put REmakes on the back burner for a while, unless RE 3 does outrageously well, then maybe a Code Veronica remake could become a more immediate priority for Capcom. Either way I think it's definitely possible.

User Info: Shienryuu

Shienryuu
1 week ago#3
I'm currently on my second playthrough ever of CV (about to finish Claire's island segment) and I feel the game would've benefitted from a RE2/3-style remake much, much more than those two games. The world is expansive, there's a great number of dynamic scenes, ambience is spot on, there's a lot more story and background present than in 2/3. Perfect pick for this engine. But I very much doubt they'll produce a CV remake anytime soon if ever.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 week ago#4
I think if REmake 3 is decently successful, they'll consider doing a CV remake, but they might hold off on remakes for a while until after RE8.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: angolmoa

angolmoa
1 week ago#5
they said 3 remakes re2 and re3 we don't know what the third game will be..could be so they remake all there games.
Love video game much as life it self=)

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
1 week ago#6
I seriously doubt they'll ever remake it.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: ezio899

ezio899
1 week ago#7
angolmoa posted...
they said 3 remakes re2 and re3 we don't know what the third game will be..could be so they remake all there games.
The amount of trolling that would happen if they remake REmake 1 would be insane. If one detail is out of place it will make the haters of 2/3 Remakes look like a joke.
PSN:Urabraska

User Info: lordinfamous

lordinfamous
1 week ago#8
The most logical would be to remake CV, so I hope it's going to be that one.

User Info: FunnyMay

FunnyMay
1 week ago#9
CV doesn't fit the remakes' philosophy of increased realism. It's full on camp all the way, with over-the-top characters and situations. Just take the opening cinematic alone.

CV was the RE that started turning the characters into superheroes and villains into over-the-top personas.

While 2 and 3 remakes worked well in the paradigm of "take the originals and make them more grounded", it just wouldn't fly with CV, I think. The story would require a major rewrite in order for many scenes and plot points to not look stupid by current standards. And that would make it a different game.

So I think there won't be a CV remake, or any more remakes of later titles for a good while. They'll probably focus on continuing the main series and making more spinoffs (revelations was quite successful as far as I remember).

User Info: AliceRed130

AliceRed130
1 week ago#10
Doubtful. CV is too out there, if realism obsessed capcom decided to remake it they'd basically remove or alter so much it wouldnt even slightly resemble the original game anymore.
Terry was everything wrong with the first Fighters Pass. He's a no name nobody no one wanted, it SHOULD have been KOS-MOS and that's a FACT! I Will never stop!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Question about the Resident Evil CV remake
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A