• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Spoilers about the lab and final fight
edward18 posted...
Holy f***...move over Umbrella Chronicles, there's a new retelling-letdown in town. The amount of stuff wrong with that Finale is just...my god...I can't even think of everything to say...

I agree with you Edward. lol at the Jill laser cannon.... What year is this game supposed to be in again? Handheld laser cannon?
Nemesis mutating into a blob for no reason?

lol
Life is an S.T.D with a 100% Mortality rate. Guns and Coffee!

User Info: didierre

didierre
6 days ago#62
soulofninjasoul posted...
I agree with you Edward. lol at the Jill laser cannon.... What year is this game supposed to be in again? Handheld laser cannon?
Nemesis mutating into a blob for no reason?

lol

Assuming the Linear Launcher didn't exist in Code Veronica...
(edited 6 days ago)
didierre posted...
Assuming the Linear Launcher didn't exist in Code Veronica...
Well yeah, it did, but then in RECV Alexia was highly mobile... Which is also what I kind of expected of Nemesis.
Now he just sits there oozing acid and that's it :(

Also, the fight that replaced the disposal room encounter (the one where you could stun Nemesis by shooting the valves)... It's 2020, and the fight is less than impressive even by the standards of 1999.

User Info: -Frog-

-Frog-
6 days ago#64
FNFred posted...
What are you smoking? No one ever spoke about him after 3. He was forgotten.

Plenty of people still liked him.. what are you on about? Of course people who joined the franchise with RE4 had no idea who he was and didn't talk about him, they never played the originals. Most of us were still hoping to see him but after 20 years of not being around, it's kind of normal people don't expect to see him again.
~ Before death claims a man, he is made to bear witness a second time to those memories engraved most deeply upon his heart. ~

User Info: -Frog-

-Frog-
6 days ago#65
People b****ing over anime waifus and people liking Jill in a skirt but this game goes harder anime then the original ever did lol. f***in portable rail canon? Really? Again, this is kind of what I thought was going to happen with this remake. The original rail gun looked like a prototype of something you'd expect to see in the 90's. It was huge, impractical and just messy looking, a weapon in it's early development phase that was brought out to deal with a critical situation. This prototype is so futuristic and "clean" it loses it's luster. It's basically a completed weapons system that's just there, ready to be used. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool ass weapon I'd love to see in a game like Armored Core or any other mech games, but this is so off, even for RE.

The labs are bland though. Haven't seen the hospital yet but damn did they ever change a lot of things in this one.
~ Before death claims a man, he is made to bear witness a second time to those memories engraved most deeply upon his heart. ~

User Info: Stover46

Stover46
6 days ago#66
didierre posted...
Same, I think people are exagerating there, even though there's no Clock Tower or Park they've managed to make the Hospital, Lab and Nemesis fights much better than in the original.

And the great thing is how faithful the soundtrack is compared to RE2 Remake, even Final Metamorphosis remains intact with choirs added.
You said same but then you disagreed with everything he said..
3DS FC: 4141-6111-4038
http://i.imgur.com/KAy7cdo.gif - so hyped http://i.imgur.com/RETdTVM.jpg

User Info: edward18

edward18
6 days ago#67
@didierre the Linear Launcher was designed specifically to deal with things like what Alexia became and it looked nowhere near as advanced and ridiculous as Jill's laser cannon at the end of 3's remake.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: didierre

didierre
6 days ago#68
Stover46 posted...
You said same but then you disagreed with everything he said..

I read the sentence in reverse...

User Info: TheDawnRider

TheDawnRider
6 days ago#69
So they replaced the Dead Factory with a generic lab like NEST from RE2Remake? Ugh...DF was cool because it wasn't another lab like RE1 and RE2. A unique location which set itself apart. This RE3 lab looks mostly reused assets from remake 2..
Wtf.

User Info: motobuchi

motobuchi
6 days ago#70
If the team wanted to recycle assets for any of the now missing locations, they totally could have! I mean, cutting THREE entire sections from the game is a little excessive and makes Capcom look lazy. Fans feel insulted.

Clock Tower - Precinct assets. This one's a no-brainer. They both have a gothic feel - lots of marble and wallpaper. The library in the precinct alone felt very similar to the clock tower.

Park - This one is probably the toughest since it involves lots of nature/exterior which RE2 didn't have much of. Then I'd argue - couldn't some RE7 assets have been reused here? Lots of outdoor environmental assets to pull from there.

Dead Factory - A mix of assets from the lab, the precinct basement, and the sewers. The Dead Factory was iconic in the way that it wasn't a pristine, public-facing lab. It was a dirty disposal facility guised under an abandoned factory. This helped RE3 stand apart from its predecessors. Capcom must have said "we have enough labs, let's try something different" Apparently M-Four or whatever did not carry that through.
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Spoilers about the lab and final fight
  • Post New Message