• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Are people complaining about length at all aware of how short OG RE3 was?

User Info: GoodChoicesPls

GoodChoicesPls
1 week ago#1
Like...???

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
1 week ago#2
Possibly.
Everyone complained about the length of the original too tho. I know I did.

but it's hard to say how long it really is. I like 7-10 hours for the first playthrough, and I'm pretty thorough, so I expect to hit that.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
1 week ago#3
People don’t understand how fast you can beat the originals when you know where everything is.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 week ago#4
Never fails, every time somebody gets a game early they speed run it and when they post the time it took to finish people take it as the average play time.

Most people who actually care about RE will finish it in 8-11 hours.

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
1 week ago#5
CODEumb87 posted...
Never fails, every time somebody gets a game early they speed run it and when they post the time it took to finish people take it as the average play time.

This.
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!

User Info: lordinfamous

lordinfamous
1 week ago#6
CODEumb87 posted...

Yeah definitely. I just like to explore, find all the secrets and such, so I'm taking my time.
Some people hate to do that, they skip cutscenes, don't have the patience for it.
But then complain it's only a 5 hour game.
Hell I'd rather have a 5 hour game I enjoy every minute of than a 50 hour borefest with 200 fetch quests.

WingZero0782
1 week ago#7
lordinfamous posted...
Yeah definitely. I just like to explore, find all the secrets and such, so I'm taking my time.
Some people hate to do that, they skip cutscenes, don't have the patience for it.
But then complain it's only a 5 hour game.
Hell I'd rather have a 5 hour game I enjoy every minute of than a 50 hour borefest with 200 fetch quests.

I agree.

But people b**** about a length of a game no matter if it's 5 hours or 20.

Heck some people won't settle for a game at full price unless it's over 50.
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!

User Info: lordinfamous

lordinfamous
1 week ago#8
WingZero0782 posted...

Heck some people won't settle for a game at full price unless it's over 50.

Yeah this is what I often see as well.
I'm not saying people should just burn $60 on a 6 hour game if they don't feel it's worth it, but even in the circumstance that they get bored of it after one playthrough, they could always sell it right away for half price so to ''recoup'' some of their investment.

WingZero0782
1 week ago#9
lordinfamous posted...
Yeah this is what I often see as well.
I'm not saying people should just burn $60 on a 6 hour game if they don't feel it's worth it, but even in the circumstance that they get bored of it after one playthrough, they could always sell it right away for half price so to ''recoup'' some of their investment.

Or rent it, or borrow it.

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
1 week ago#10
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Possibly.
Everyone complained about the length of the original too tho. I know I did.

but it's hard to say how long it really is. I like 7-10 hours for the first playthrough, and I'm pretty thorough, so I expect to hit that.

As far as I am aware no they didn't. Replaying the games a lot and getting better times has been an RE staple since pretty much the beginning.
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Are people complaining about length at all aware of how short OG RE3 was?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A