• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. The complaints about 'cut content' don't really matter

User Info: Cylokin

Cylokin
1 week ago#21
Deanyzy posted...
If it wasn't built for this game and then taken out then it's not cut content.

Pretty much this, you can't cut something out that wasn't even in there to begin with.

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
1 week ago#22
Fire_Emblem_ posted...
If you think the new voice actors are bad then you certainly must of thought the old ones were straight trash... There is no way you can say with a straight face they were better and thats for the whole re trilogy on ps1. Seriously... Their voices sounded goofy as f*** in those games. I wouldn't trust your opinion on quality va thats for damn sure.

As for things being cut I don't like it myself and can only hope what they did add is great.
Where in my post did I even mentioned the original VAs?
The series did begun to have decent VAs from RE4 and onwards and the 2 characters who reprised their roles from the original trilogy, Claire and Ada were scientifically better in later entries like RE4, Darkside Chronicles and the CGI movies.
But Voice Acting went downhill again with RE7 and Remake2, with Chris being replaced with the most bland voice imaginable, Leon and Ada being forgettable and Claire having a worse VA than even the Revelations 2 one.
Yes, the original RE1 actors were trash, yes the original RE2 and RE3 actors were cringey BUT Claire and Ada actors improved in later games and other characters got better actors. This is not the case with 7 and Remake2, you can't possibly believe that Nick Apostoledes is better when the last Leon VA was Matthew Mercer.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Fire_Emblem_

Fire_Emblem_
1 week ago#23
Venage27 posted...
Where in my post did I even mentioned the original VAs?
The series did begun to have decent VAs from RE4 and onwards and the 2 characters who reprised their roles from the original trilogy, Claire and Ada were scientifically better in later entries like RE4, Darkside Chronicles and the CGI movies.
But Voice Acting went downhill again with RE7 and Remake2, with Chris being replaced with the most bland voice imaginable, Leon and Ada being forgettable and Claire having a worse VA than even the Revelations 2 one.
Yes, the original RE1 actors were trash, yes the original RE2 and RE3 actors were cringey BUT Claire and Ada actors improved in later games and other actors got better actors. This is not the case with 7 and Remake2, you can't possibly believe that Nick Apostoledes is better when the last Leon VA was Matthew Mercer.
Ok you sound more reasonable here.

I always see you call modern voice acting bad and was hoping you certainly didn't think the original ones were actually good for the trilogy. It really confused the hell out of me.
Ike is the best Fire Emblem character!
Formerly known as master_m11
(edited 1 week ago)

Venage27
1 week ago#24
Fire_Emblem_ posted...
Ok sound more reasonable here.
You didn't answer though. Do you believe that David Vaughn and Nick Apostoledes are better Chris and Leon respectively than Roger Craigh Smith and Matthew Mercer? Because if you honestly do then perhaps you should check your own taste on voice acting before criticizing mine.

User Info: Evilhero1

Evilhero1
1 week ago#25
IMO, you can't complain about cut content until you see what's in the game. If there's a lot of new stuff, it could justify it.

Venage27
1 week ago#26
Fire_Emblem_ posted...
I always see you call modern voice acting bad and was hoping you certainly didn't think the original ones were actually good for the trilogy. It really confused the hell out of me.

The only VAs I may have called good from the original trilogy are Claire and Ada and that's only in the later entries not the original RE2 itself because everyone there was cringey. But in RE4, Darkside, Degenaration etc etc they have improved a lot.
My disdain for the new VAs is because we are in PS4 not PS1, good voice acting is to be expected for all products. Even Lego games get the voice actors from the Justice League cartoon for one of their Lego DC villains game or something.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
1 week ago#27
Evilhero1 posted...
IMO, you can't complain about cut content until you see what's in the game. If there's a lot of new stuff, it could justify it.
Yeah. I was one to advocate hard about the Clock Tower and how important it is to the identity of Resident Evil 3 as a whole but now that I've seen most of the game on YouTube, I'm not so sure. If you see on paper that the Clock Tower is mostly all cut, sure, it looks bad. However, you need to play the whole game to see if the cut was worth it. From what I've seen, it totally is. R3make is insane but that's my opinion.

A lot of people won't agree, especially the purists who don't like anything changed in a remake. But hey, we all knew R3make was gonna be different here and there. Capcom said so weeks ago. You're bound for disappointment if you don't have an open mind or if you want a copy/paste of the original.
AWAITING: Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 week ago#28
Everything matters.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Causa_Sui

Causa_Sui
1 week ago#29
Deanyzy posted...
If it wasn't built for this game and then taken out then it's not cut content.
Pretty much this

User Info: Kent233

Kent233
1 week ago#30
TheThirdDay posted...
I really wish people had the emotional maturity to acknowledge the things they like aren't perfect.

God damn did I love 2, and god damn am I excited for 3, but to say cutting content makes zero impact just makes all us 'modern remake' fans look like...

...Oh god I'm about to say the word...

...shills.

1/2 complete! New nemesis system game!!
Now where is my pawn system
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. The complaints about 'cut content' don't really matter
  • Post New Message