• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. The complaints about 'cut content' don't really matter

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
6 days ago#161
WingZero0782 posted...
Then what would you call it?

It's a remake and, like all remakes, it's meant to stand apart from the original.

The problem with so many people on this board is that they don't see that. This is not a replacement for RE3 but another take on it.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
6 days ago#162
Deanyzy posted...
It's a remake and, like all remakes, it's meant to stand apart from the original.

The problem with so many people on this board is that they don't see that. This is not a replacement for RE3 but another take on it.
I wish this very post could be a sticky banner on the main page or something.
AWAITING: Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
6 days ago#163
Deanyzy posted...

Well some say it replaces the original timeline wise.

Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!

User Info: edward18

edward18
6 days ago#164
So you admittedly stayed after RE4 (despite being a game you disliked) and spoke on titles you never played?

I played 5. I just stated that I bought it.

Explain this to me. I don't get this logic either.

Okay...I see the new stuff...I comment...

...how is that hard to understand?

Not even used (which is fine because third party vendors get the money), but explain to me how someone has validity after post launch if they only watch on YouTube or they go off rumors/leaks?

Because I'm not commenting on gameplay?
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
6 days ago#165
WingZero0782 posted...
Well some say it replaces the original timeline wise.

And they are wrong.

Remake is it's own thing, just like RE2R is. People who tell you different just want to give you a reason to be mad.

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
6 days ago#166
Deanyzy posted...
And they are wrong.

Remake is it's own thing, just like RE2R is. People who tell you different just want to give you a reason to be mad.

Well that's how I see them, they don't overide or retcon the originals and for that I don't hate them, I can still be disappointed though.
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!

User Info: -Frog-

-Frog-
6 days ago#167
Again with the same shill drivel.

If Nemesis was "left out" what would you call that? Would it still be accurate to call it RE3 Nemesis if they cut Nemesis? If so, then what do you call the cut if it's not a cut. A change of direction? A re-write of the original? Creative liberty?

I love how obtuse you are about calling what is cut content, cut content. I bet you it would feel like you're admitting this game may have some flaws to some people if you did, which is what this is all about, denial.

To call people irrational for saying major original locations not making it back into the remake of the same game is cut content is what truly irrational thought looks like. It didn't need to be worked on in the first place to be cut, which you have no idea if it was or not. You fail to understand that it's original content to the story of the game. Whether Capcom decide to re-use the same locations or not, still makes the original content not being used as cut because it doesn't show up. Using mental gymnastics to try and change that simple fact is childish at best.

Knowing this will go nowhere, you think what you want. Most people seem to agree with the fact that this is cut content, so you're little damage control tactics are kinda pointless but if you want to keep using the same erroneous way of looking at it, have at it. It's stupid and you've already been called out on it quite a few times but I know denial and stubbornness when I see it.
~ Before death claims a man, he is made to bear witness a second time to those memories engraved most deeply upon his heart. ~
edward18 posted...
I played 5. I just stated that I bought it.

Certainly explains that you continued after 4 despite not liking the direction.

edward18 posted...

Okay...I see the new stuff...I comment...

...how is that hard to understand?

I find it harder to understand someone who wants to validate complaints on a game they don't even plan to play used or walk away from.

edward18 posted...
Because I'm not commenting on gameplay?

Oh I hope not because the stuff you commented on like comestics isn't indicative of game quality at all. Lol.
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
Gamercards: https://bit.ly/2GjdiU4 | https://bit.ly/36i4sQJ

User Info: edward18

edward18
6 days ago#169
Certainly explains that you continued after 4 despite not liking the direction.

With how much more important 5 looked to be from the trailers than the s*** 4 pulled, there was no way I was missing that one. And you know that every game after 4 advertises trying to go back the horror and whatnot. And personally, I'll take 5 anyday of the week over 4.

But then there's also the reverse of the "you didn't like 4 but you bought the next one". If you don't get it you guys would pull that stupid "oh you didn't play it" or "oh you didn't give it a chance so how do you even know how it was". There's no winning as long as people don't like what you say.

I find it harder to understand someone who wants to validate complaints on a game they don't even plan to play used or walk away from.

I'm sorry?

Oh I hope not because the stuff you commented on like comestics isn't indicative of game quality at all. Lol.

Everything is part of the game's quality. Every little intricacy is part of the the entirety of the product. Just cause you value gameplay more than other aspects doesn't mean everyone does. If you give me Super Mario Brothers in 8-Bit or Super Mario Brothers with the art being hand-painted, I'm damn well going to take the hand-painted one because the "cosmetics" affect the game quality.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
edward18 posted...
With how much more important 5 looked to be from the trailers than the s*** 4 pulled, there was no way I was missing that one. And you know that every game after 4 advertises trying to go back the horror and whatnot. And personally, I'll take 5 anyday of the week over 4.

But then there's also the reverse of the "you didn't like 4 but you bought the next one". If you don't get it you guys would pull that stupid "oh you didn't play it" or "oh you didn't give it a chance so how do you even know how it was". There's no winning as long as people don't like what you say.

There is a winning solution it's merely not giving support to a company if you did play it either by torrents or getting it used (which I swore I mentioned.) However obviously I would tell the random individual that if things bother them that much to let a company surface personal demons then you should walk away from the series completely. If it sounds like the thing you love is doing more harm than good to you mentally then yeah...I fully BELIEVE a person sounds obsessed and they act like they can't opt out. You can...no excuse.

Someone also can't pretend that they've played a game either if they haven't. That will never make any sense and will only correlate those people to outside points of view.

edward18 posted...

Everything is part of the game's quality. Every little intricacy is part of the the entirety of the product. Just cause you value gameplay more than other aspects doesn't mean everyone does. If you give me Super Mario Brothers in 8-Bit or Super Mario Brothers with the art being hand-painted, I'm damn well going to take the hand-painted one because the "cosmetics" affect the game quality.

Agree to disagree. A comestic that is different isn't inherently a bad thing either.
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
Gamercards: https://bit.ly/2GjdiU4 | https://bit.ly/36i4sQJ
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. The complaints about 'cut content' don't really matter
  • Post New Message