• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. The complaints about 'cut content' don't really matter
Deanyzy posted...
So opinions that aren't your own upset you greatly, got it.
I'm not upset. I'm just stating your argument. That's the way it is. That's what you said.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
6 days ago#152
edward18 posted...
I haven't given Capcom money for years.
Forgive me if I don't take you at your word.

After all, you keep visiting a board about a series which games you no longer like.
AWAITING: Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII

User Info: -Frog-

-Frog-
6 days ago#153
No, you don't have to develop it, it's in the script, in the source material and is intricately part of the game this game is remade from. I gave you a definition, you can chose to ignore it.

Would you have the same idiotic argument had they removed major elements like Nemesis, Jill and Carlos or would you still be willing to die on this hill?

Remakes aren't 1:1 for sure, but if you remove content from the original it happens to be cut content. Even REmake 2002 had cut content or changes. Not all cut content is negative, and this is obvious in the opinion people have here. Some don't care cause they never liked the CT, grave digger, dead factory, park etc.. others do because they did like it.

You trying to spin this as anything but cut content is nothing but denial on your part because of the real reasons some people are disappointed regarding these changes. It's basically damage control on your part and it's blatantly obvious.
~ Before death claims a man, he is made to bear witness a second time to those memories engraved most deeply upon his heart. ~

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
6 days ago#154
WingZero0782 posted...
No you started it by qouting what someone replied to me, don't deny it.

You accused me of having no logic.

Now you have three people on your back lol.

I responded to someone else and you got offended because of your own wrong assumptions. I'm sorry you got triggered as hell because you thought I was talking to you, I wasn't. If I was talking about you'd I would say so, I saw a post that summed up the general feeling on the forum and I responded to that post, not you. Again, not everything is about you.

As for your last line, there could be a thousand irrational people against me, you are words on a webpage to me and nothing more but I obviously have made an impression since you feel like you need to 'team up' to argue against me. Ineffective and sad, remember when you called me a child a few posts back? Aged like milk, didn't it?

User Info: edward18

edward18
6 days ago#155
Well I haven't bought a Resident Evil game since 5 so...
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
6 days ago#156
Deanyzy posted...
I responded to someone else and you got offended because of your own wrong assumptions. I'm sorry you got triggered as hell because you thought I was talking to you, I wasn't. If I was talking about you'd I would say so, I saw a post that summed up the general feeling on the forum and I responded to that post, not you. Again, not everything is about you.

As for your last line, there could be a thousand irrational people against me, you are words on a webpage to me and nothing more but I obviously have made an impression since you feel like you need to 'team up' to argue against me. Ineffective and sad, remember when you called me a child a few posts back? Aged like milk, didn't it?

Well with you qouting that post it felt like a personal attack.

I'm not teaming up btw.
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!
(edited 6 days ago)

Deanyzy
6 days ago#157
WednesdayAddams posted...
I'm not upset. I'm just stating your argument. That's the way it is. That's what you said.

Nah, you're screeching about fake fans which is just a way to say that people who don't share your opinions aren't real fans. Fans are fans regardless of their opinions, people who claim otherwise lack substance in their arguments.
edward18 posted...
I haven't given Capcom money for years.

So you admittedly stayed after RE4 (despite being a game you disliked) and spoke on titles you never played? Explain this to me. I don't get this logic either.

Not even used (which is fine because third party vendors get the money), but explain to me how someone has validity after post launch if they only watch on YouTube or they go off rumors/leaks?
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
Gamercards: https://bit.ly/2GjdiU4 | https://bit.ly/36i4sQJ
(edited 6 days ago)

Deanyzy
6 days ago#159
-Frog- posted...
No, you don't have to develop it, it's in the script, in the source material and is intricately part of the game this game is remade from. I gave you a definition, you can chose to ignore it.

Would you have the same idiotic argument had they removed major elements like Nemesis, Jill and Carlos or would you still be willing to die on this hill?

Remakes aren't 1:1 for sure, but if you remove content from the original it happens to be cut content. Even REmake 2002 had cut content or changes. Not all cut content is negative, and this is obvious in the opinion people have here. Some don't care cause they never liked the CT, grave digger, dead factory, park etc.. others do because they did like it.

You trying to spin this as anything but cut content is nothing but denial on your part because of the real reasons some people are disappointed regarding these changes. It's basically damage control on your part and it's blatantly obvious.

Remake had it's own script, again, it's it's own game. It's a new take and it's going to be different and so it should be. I'm not gonna buy a prettier version of a game I can already play. If you're gonna remake something, don't be lazy and give us what we already had, do something new, take it to places where the original didn't go. Add your own twist.

I've not twisted anything, if I was to develop a game and then I removed a level later on down the line, that would be cut content but you can't feasibly say that a game made and released 21 years after the original is cutting content from the original because the original is still intact and chances are that they never planned to retain the same locations as the original because they wanted to do something new.

The original should serve as inspiration, not a rigid blueprint and it seems like that's the approach they've gone for here.

I'm not controlling any damage, people are entitled to their irrationality, I'm just saying that calling it cut content doesn't make sense because it suggests that you can't see the remake and the original as two different entities. RE3R isn't a successor to RE3 just like Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside weren't to the OGs either. The remake is just it's own take on a familiar story.

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
6 days ago#160
Deanyzy posted...
Remake had it's own script, again, it's it's own game. It's a new take and it's going to be different and so it should be. I'm not gonna buy a prettier version of a game I can already play. If you're gonna remake something, don't be lazy and give us what we already had, do something new, take it to places where the original didn't go. Add your own twist.

I've not twisted anything, if I was to develop a game and then I removed a level later on down the line, that would be cut content but you can't feasibly say that a game made and released 21 years after the original is cutting content from the original because the original is still intact and chances are that they never planned to retain the same locations as the original because they wanted to do something new.

The original should serve as inspiration, not a rigid blueprint and it seems like that's the approach they've gone for here.

I'm not controlling any damage, people are entitled to their irrationality, I'm just saying that calling it cut content doesn't make sense because it suggests that you can't see the remake and the original as two different entities. RE3R isn't a successor to RE3 just like Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside weren't to the OGs either. The remake is just it's own take on a familiar story.

Then what would you call it?
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. The complaints about 'cut content' don't really matter
  • Post New Message