• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. The complaints about 'cut content' don't really matter

User Info: TheDawnRider

TheDawnRider
1 week ago#11
Dude, not including areas, enemies and even a friggin' boss will never be alright in a game that's supposed to be a remake. Even if it's a "reimagining" it's still based on an existing game so respect the source material and the original game's fanbase.

User Info: Nordairan

Nordairan
1 week ago#12
CODEumb87 posted...
Not really. Is Mr Giant Worm being cut gonna retcon the RE timeline? Is it gonna screw up RE8’s story 😂

Nothing of importance was lost.
It's not about this boss, but about how they could remade him in RE3 Remake that what matters for me...
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 week ago#13
I’m gonna state the obvious because I think some people are forgetting it, RE is Capcom’s property. They’re free to do whatever they please with it. They don’t want these remakes to be carbon copies, that much is clear, therefore they change and cut things to spice it up.

I don’t judge these games based on what’s missing, because those were creative decisions on Capcom’s part. If the atmosphere is still there, the gameplay is solid and it’s overall a polished and fun game, then I haven’t got much to complain about. 🤷‍♂
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: akito319

akito319
1 week ago#14
CODEumb87 posted...
I never knew the Gravedigger had this much importance.

Its like if RE Zero were to get remade with the bat boss taken out, only then would it become “iconic”.
No it's more like removing the train (clocktower) and scorpion battle (gravedigger). These set pieces break up the monatany of the city streets(RE3) and give you something different before you arrive at the mansion (RE0).
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. ~ Benjamin Franklin

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
1 week ago#15
TheThirdDay posted...
I really wish people had the emotional maturity to acknowledge the things they like aren't perfect.

God damn did I love 2, and god damn am I excited for 3, but to say cutting content makes zero impact just makes all us 'modern remake' fans look like...

...Oh god I'm about to say the word...

...shills.
Sad but true. I have come in terms with some things i don't like, for example the voice actors who I find to be terrible in Remake2 and 3 but I'm in peace with that and it won't impact my enjoyment with the games, I've already platinumed 2 and I will platinum 3 next month as well.
But some people here are living in Wonderland where apparently games are perfect in everything. It's pathetic.
Folks, you can still like a game without liking everything about it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Venage27
1 week ago#16
CODEumb87 posted...
I don’t judge these games based on what’s missing, because those were creative decisions on Capcom’s part. If the atmosphere is still there, the gameplay is solid and it’s overall a polished and fun game, then I haven’t got much to complain about. 🤷‍♂
Judging from your this sentence, you got the game early right? If so can you please check the credits and post the Voice Actor for Jill? I would really appreciate it.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 week ago#17
Venage27 posted...
Judging from your this sentence, you got the game early right? If so can you please check the credits and post the Voice Actor for Jill? I would really appreciate it.

How so? I wish I had the game since I have nothing to do until then.

I’m just saying, if a game has those things I listed I won’t be too upset about “missing content”.

Venage27
1 week ago#18
CODEumb87 posted...
How so? I wish I had the game since I have nothing to do until then.

I’m just saying, if a game has those things I listed I won’t be too upset about “missing content”.
Apologies. I missed the If part.
CODEumb87 posted...
I’m gonna state the obvious because I think some people are forgetting it, RE is Capcom’s property. They’re free to do whatever they please with it. They don’t want these remakes to be carbon copies, that much is clear, therefore they change and cut things to spice it up.

Yeah and that doesn't mean we have to like it either. I disliked how Capcom has handled the franchise for many years when it went from horror to shooting galleries.

And nobody is saying a copy paste job. We want the quality of REmake, which was not a copy and paste job. REmake didn't have to cut any bosses or enemies, it provided more than what was there before.

Now I understand if the cuts don't bother you personally. But I think it is important to remember that some people did like the stuff that was in the original that was not in this game such as Gravedigger and the Clocktower.
God's lonely man

User Info: Fire_Emblem_

Fire_Emblem_
1 week ago#20
Venage27 posted...
Sad but true. I have come in terms with some things i don't like, for example the voice actors who I find to be terrible in Remake2 and 3 but I'm in peace with that and it won't impact my enjoyment with the games, I've already platinumed 2 and I will platinum 3 next month as well.
But some people here are living in Wonderland where apparently games are perfect in everything. It's pathetic.
Folks, you can still like a game without liking everything about it.
If you think the new voice actors are bad then you certainly must of thought the old ones were straight trash... There is no way you can say with a straight face they were better and thats for the whole re trilogy on ps1. Seriously... Their voices sounded goofy as f*** in those games. I wouldn't trust your opinion on quality va thats for damn sure.

As for things being cut I don't like it myself and can only hope what they did add is great.
Ike is the best Fire Emblem character!
Formerly known as master_m11
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. The complaints about 'cut content' don't really matter
  • Post New Message