• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. The complaints about 'cut content' don't really matter

User Info: xAlphazonex

xAlphazonex
4 days ago#1
Nothing that was cut, mattered anyway.

User Info: Recycled

Recycled
4 days ago#2
I'd say it may matter, but we should see also what the added/expanded content is like.
Some source said the lab is a lot bigger than the REm2 one, and that's great because most RE3 "big" hotspots were too short. Like a dozen rooms small: RCPD, CT, Hospital, Dead Factory.

Clock Tower is an organic setting, and probably wasn't worth the effort if we spend so little time inside it anyway.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
4 days ago#3
I've seen the whole game up to the Hospital and I can only say that the game looks insanely fun and the pacing is great. It surpasses the original in many ways and like Capcom said weeks ago, it's more of a re-imagining this time so it's going to be more different from its original counterpart than R2make was with RE2. With that being said, I'm going in with that in mind and from what I've seen, yes it's different but a good different. The action set pieces are excellent, the weaponry is great and dodge mechanic is addicting AF.

And if I want the experience from the original, I can still go back and play it. Win-win!

There's a few things I wish wasn't cut, but time to move on and accept the changes.
AWAITING: Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII

User Info: Crohnos

Crohnos
4 days ago#4
Did you even play the original? Because multiple major areas plus a whole boss matter.
Horror game enthusiast (92 completed)
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
4 days ago#5
If it wasn't built for this game and then taken out then it's not cut content.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
4 days ago#6
I never knew the Gravedigger had this much importance.

Its like if RE Zero were to get remade with the bat boss taken out, only then would it become “iconic”.

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
4 days ago#7
CODEumb87 posted...
I never knew the Gravedigger had this much importance.

Its like if RE Zero were to get remade with the bat boss taken out, only then would it become “iconic”.

Pretty much, did anyone really care about the Gravedigger? Most people were either ambivalent or disliked it. Same with the spiders and the crows, no one cared about them until it gave them an excuse to complain.

User Info: OmegaPillow

OmegaPillow
4 days ago#8
T.c Is just trolling
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r 3ds friend code: 3583 4500 8225 plz add me

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
4 days ago#9
OmegaPillow posted...
T.c Is just trolling

Not really. Is Mr Giant Worm being cut gonna retcon the RE timeline? Is it gonna screw up RE8’s story 😂

Nothing of importance was lost.

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
4 days ago#10
I really wish people had the emotional maturity to acknowledge the things they like aren't perfect.

God damn did I love 2, and god damn am I excited for 3, but to say cutting content makes zero impact just makes all us 'modern remake' fans look like...

...Oh god I'm about to say the word...

...shills.
Now Playing: Farcry: New Dawn, Need For Speed: Heat
~2019: RE2, BK in Smash, BL3. Life complete.~
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. The complaints about 'cut content' don't really matter
  • Post New Message