• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Lmfao at Capcom (spoilers)

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 week ago#31
windice93 posted...
Except the areas were mostly different......

As they are in the RE3 remake. So if you're gonna call one a rehash, you might as well label both as one.
CODEumb87 posted...
You really expected them to build every single thing for RE3R from the ground up? That's hilarious and spoiled fan behavior.

You do realize most people have always seen the OG RE3 as an expansion for RE2 right, and CV was supposed to be the true 3rd game. Completely unfair to whine about RE3R not being a fresh experience.
I didn't. In other posts I've stated that I was fine with them reusing assets, as long as they gave us something a remake similar to what they did with 2, not exactly the same, but everything is still there. That is, yes, help yourself with the assets of RE2, but put some effort to it and work the Clock Tower but no instead they just cut stuff they don't have assets to. Oh Clock Tower, we don't have assets for that. Cut it. Oh Park, we didn't have a park in RE2. Cut it. Dead Factory, gee, we don't have assets for that, let's rather do a lab so we can reuse the NEST. The RPD? Heck yeah, we have the whole build of that location, we might as well give the fans an extended RPD section!

User Info: OmegaPillow

OmegaPillow
1 week ago#33
And thats why I'm waiting for a price drop, that's awful
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r 3ds friend code: 3583 4500 8225 plz add me

User Info: OmegaPillow

OmegaPillow
1 week ago#34
ShinTiger87 posted...
It looks better than the original tbh. I was expecting reused assets from RE2 Remake. Clock Tower part and grave digger is kind of a bum, but Nemesis (this version) would be a 10-0 matchup compared to the original.
Lmao!
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r 3ds friend code: 3583 4500 8225 plz add me

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 week ago#35
WednesdayAddams posted...
I didn't. In other posts I've stated that I was fine with them reusing assets, as long as they gave us something a remake similar to what they did with 2, not exactly the same, but everything is still there. That is, yes, help yourself with the assets of RE2, but put some effort to it and work the Clock Tower but no instead they just cut stuff they don't have assets to. Oh Clock Tower, we don't have assets for that. Cut it. Oh Park, we didn't have a park in RE2. Cut it. Dead Factory, gee, we don't have assets for that, let's rather do a lab so we can reuse the NEST. The RPD? Heck yeah, we have the whole build of that location, we might as well give the fans an extended RPD section!

You do know there's a bunch of new areas that weren't in RE2R right? Completely new street sections, they revamped the sewers/hospital, from my understanding the new Lab is supposed to replace the DF but I haven't watched any of that gameplay yet and don't plan to.

You should've expected cuts, they were made in RE2R as well. These cuts were creative decisions, if they wanted to make a park map obviously they would've done so, it's not that hard. Instead they decided to focus on other sections of the game.
(edited 1 week ago)
CODEumb87 posted...
You do know there's a bunch of new areas that weren't in RE2R right? Completely new street sections, they revamped the sewers/hospital, from my understanding the new Lab is supposed to replace the DF but I haven't watched any of that gameplay yet and don't plan to.

You should've expected cuts, they were made in RE2R as well. These cuts were creative decisions, if they wanted to make a park map obviously they would've done so, it's not that hard. Instead they decided to focus on other sections of the game.
Well yes, the issue is that the demo part of the streets is half the streets you get to explore. The sewers are reused textures. The Hospital, okay, that's fine. What I'm arguing is that the amount of stuff that was cut, and that required more work and new assets, is greater than the new stuff, and also, the amount of reused assets from RE2 are greater than the new stuff unique to this remake.

RE2R had changes, yes, but it was still RE2. You had RPD, sewers and lab, Marshalling Yard was kind of there as well, but the main structure of the game, the iconic locations where there. In RE3 it was RPD, streets, Clock Tower, Hospital, Park, Dead Factory. Out of those, only RPD, "streets" and Hospital made it, and I sustain that the RPD is only there because they already had the assets.

This is what the evidence makes me conclude. I mean, isn't it suspicious that after the negative feedback of Resistance all of the sudden they came up with RE3? I mean, I didn't thought any of that at the moment, but now that the cracks are starting to show, I'm starting to realize a lot of things.
Does the new lab just look like NEST all over again?

Because the old dichotomy was fitting. NEST was a pristine, hidden, high-tech laboratory which marked the place where Birkin made his monsters, while the Dead Factory was a dilapidated factory yard where those monsters were destroyed.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
1 week ago#38
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
Does the new lab just look like NEST all over again?

Because the old dichotomy was fitting. NEST was a pristine, hidden, high-tech laboratory which marked the place where Birkin made his monsters, while the Dead Factory was a dilapidated factory yard where those monsters were destroyed.

I hope not, Nest was too pristine for my taste.
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!

User Info: windice93

windice93
1 week ago#39
CODEumb87 posted...
As they are in the RE3 remake. So if you're gonna call one a rehash, you might as well label both as one.
Except they are not........
WednesdayAddams posted...
Well yes, the issue is that the demo part of the streets is half the streets you get to explore
f***ing what. Tell me you're being hyperbolic, please.

@WednesdayAddams
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Lmfao at Capcom (spoilers)
  • Post New Message