• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Forget Jill's costume, what's with her crappy voice and personality? *SPOILERS*
Jx1010 posted...
TC why u have to make this topic? People now are gonna label u a troll for not worshipping this game. Actually to anyone who doesnt worship the new changes in this game.
but is it really wrong to not be friends with them anyways.
I need to work every day, millions of people on welfare depend on me to support them.

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
1 week ago#22
jason19192 posted...
Of course you wouldn't complain about Chris acting like an a****** in RE6 since he's a guy.
Chris being an a****** is the least of RE6 problem. The whole game is a mess. Oh and at least Chris was still voiced by a good VA in RE6, Roger Craigh Smith, unlike that untalented hack he got in RE7.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: takato0524

takato0524
1 week ago#23
I said it on my gameplay and I'll say it here: I prefer Patricia Jai Lee as her va

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
1 week ago#24
Because the dumb people who wrote the script for this game and REhash 2 didn't realize they were set in 98 and not 2018.
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 week ago#25
WingZero0782 posted...
Because the dumb people who wrote the script for this game and REhash 2 didn't realize they were set in 98 and not 2018.
do you think women talked different back then?

news flash they didnt

jill is a military trained police officer trying to survive hell on earth and is now stuck working wiht mercanries who work with the group who caused it
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
AceMos posted...

I think the main difference is that women in media were still portrayed in a softer way. I agree that Jill/Claire now more accurately present how women *actually* talked back then, but may not seem as accurate to people only exposed to it through PG-13 media.
Also, I think there was just less swearing in games in the 90s/early 2000s.

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: majin nemesis

majin nemesis
1 week ago#27
her voice and personality are fine and the dialogue is good too

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
1 week ago#28
jason19192 posted...
Of course you wouldn't complain about Chris acting like an a****** in RE6 since he's a guy.

As far as Im aware there were complaints about Chris being an a****** drunk in 6. I do remember seeing a lot of complaints about how he was there mixed in with the game's other issues.

On the topic of Jill I do honestly think she was a bit too aggressive here from what I've seen so far in the demo. She has reason to be wary of people under Umbrella but she seems a bit overly aggressive here compared to in the original where she didn't like Umbrella but was willing to help and worried when one of them was injured.
The last conversation with Carlos I can understand since he was being a dick there but on the train both characters were being nothing but kind to her and while it is expected that she would have misgivings at the very least she seemed really callous. It being our first impression here doesn't help honestly.
The snip over getting the radio felt like it wasnt really needed imo. It seemed like it was just being petty there.
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

User Info: Darkside_Hazuki

Darkside_Hazuki
1 week ago#29
CODEumb87 posted...
Imagine being so bothered by every little thing a character says within a short demo that you have to write a book about it.
Be honest, dude. If you ever had any intelligent thoughts, any capacity to critically think, or ever had a noble desire to see Resident Evil become better than what it is...then you would've made this topic yourself. But you didn't, because you lack said qualities. This is you showing textbook bitterness towards someone else and I highly resent that. I've been around here for a long time and I can factually say that you've never had anything interesting to say since June 2018. I don't say that to be mean, I say that because I feel you should be using that documented information as motivation to be a better person...rather than wasting your time being jealous in a thread created by a better person.

ToveriJuri posted...
If she acts this sassy towards everyone then it's a pretty huge deviation from her personality.
I agree, but I don't think "sassiness" is Jill's only alternative character direction here, in fact I don't think that describes her in any RE game to date. There's definitely a better gray line they can find versus sass and (what we currently have) drab.

Mehran456 posted...
You literally see her show concern for Kendo like good 'ole Jill in the trailer demo
I'm not sure what you mean by "literally", BUT, Jill's positive chemistry with Kendo is already established in this game so there's not much of a character trial there, while at the same time it's confirmed she was not the least bit concerned about Mikhail's health like she immediately was in the original. With that fact in mind I think that's a definite negative on the "good 'old Jill" probability.

Furthermore I don't understand how people like to use PTSD to constantly apologize for Jill's much more blunt and dull personality in REmake3 when typically PTSD doesn't mean you keep strangers at a distance but you keep ANYONE (including friends) at a distance other than those who were beside you during your traumatizing experience. If that was Jill's true condition in this game then she wouldn't be herself around Kendo or maybe even Brad (in RE1 at least he came BACK in the chopper). This isn't my psychology degree, it's data, but everyone who wants to defend REmake3 Jill tends to flash their plastic certified therapist card while at the same time not even grasping PTSD fundamentals. That said, yeah, I don't think Jill has PTSD while everyone offering Psychiatric Help for 5 cents is 100% certain she does because her character in REmake 3 is watered down. Just a factual side point on my part.

AceMos posted...
news flash they didnt
I don't think you've actually conducted any research on this despite the information you have openly provided in your signature. In fact, women AND men don't even talk like they do 10 years ago, let alone 30 years. Coincidentally I'm actually going to make a separate topic about that for this game and I think you'd like to see it and even learn from it.

majin nemesis posted...
her voice and personality are fine and the dialogue is good too
No they are not and no it isn't.
Wow, what a thrilling exchange we had there. We really put our thoughts on the table on that one; pleasure working with you.

jason19192 posted...
This topic is a parody of what an anti sjw acts like right?

It's basically him being triggered that a woman is not being nice to men that work for an evil company that started a zombie apocalypse.
Unlike my previous responses I really don't have a witty or engaging response to these comments. I'll just get to the point: this type of input is just plain stupid and it degenerates our (and any) discussion. Please find someplace else to project your unhappiness and your lack of personal fulfillment. Thanks.
"This is what makes a legend!" - Terry, KoF '99
RE Outbreak/PSN: Stick_Breitling; Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN

User Info: edgefury

edgefury
1 week ago#30
they messed her design and
personality up very badly
Best COD player ever
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Forget Jill's costume, what's with her crappy voice and personality? *SPOILERS*
  • Post New Message