• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Are Jill and Claire memorable designs?

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
1 month ago#21
Hah no TC, Jill and Claire are boring as hell now. You can see how suppressed the character designer was. He had to throw all kinds of colours and accessories on the Resistance girls to compensate.
Try not to cry in nostalgia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
1 month ago#22
I prefer the older designs. Less realistic, sure, but a lot more iconic.

Now, many characters look the same.
NOW PLAYING: Street Fighter V
AWAITING: Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII

User Info: TritochZERO

TritochZERO
1 month ago#23
Are we taking facial features/animations into consideration when we consider character 'design?' Because RE2R's Claire and her big-ass cheeks (the cheeks on her face, you pervs) are certainly more distinguishable than OG Claire's polygon flatland, and she looks very different from this new Jill also.

User Info: gergdangbabim

gergdangbabim
1 month ago#24
TritochZERO posted...
Are we taking facial features/animations into consideration when we consider character 'design?' Because RE2R's Claire and her big-ass cheeks (the cheeks on her face, you pervs) are certainly more distinguishable than OG Claire's polygon flatland, and she looks very different from this new Jill also.

Oh God. You had to go there.

TritochZERO
1 month ago#25
@gergdangbabim where's 'there?' Claire's cheeks? She's cheeky, is that a problem?

I'd hit it.

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
1 month ago#26
"No. I don't want that. For us this is her defining moment," he told the magazine. "We're not going to put her in shorts with double-pistols, wearing a bikini; that's not what this is." Bisson went further, adding: "For this triolgy - not saying anything about later on, I don't know about the future titles - but for this trilogy, the bow is still her signature weapon."
—Dan Bisson (Shadow of the Tomb Raider game director)

This is the mentality now. Fans only want to settle for Lara's signature dual pistols but the developers freak out and call their fans perverts twisting it. No one asked for Lara in a bikini.

So here you go. You want Jill in her original outfit? f*** off you stupid perverted losers.
Now is the hour! Riders of Rohan! Oaths you have taken, now fulfill them all, to lord and land!

User Info: gergdangbabim

gergdangbabim
1 month ago#27
TritochZERO posted...
@gergdangbabim where's 'there?' Claire's cheeks? She's cheeky, is that a problem?

I'd hit it.

So three or so users will likely now come and go on about how ‘hideous’ she is in this game. Comparisons to Andy Serkis in Lord of the Rings will follow. Our IQ’s will lower.

User Info: samantha_sneez

samantha_sneez
1 month ago#28
I really love how Jill and Claire are wearing the same exact outfit minus Claire’s jacket.
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.

TritochZERO
1 month ago#29
@gergdangbabim She's cute as hell - the only turn off for me is the "c***suckin' motherf***in'" dialogue they gave her for the in-game action

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
1 month ago#30
TritochZERO posted...
@gergdangbabim She's cute as hell - the only turn off for me is the "c***suckin' motherf***in'" dialogue they gave her for the in-game action

Its not just the dialogue, its the voice acting too. Just the way she speaks. I cant even describe what it is, like she speaks her words too fast? You can tell how it is particularly at the part where she tries to get marvin to leave through the tunnel. And she says to marvin 'come on' like hes fine. But hes laying there in agony.
Now is the hour! Riders of Rohan! Oaths you have taken, now fulfill them all, to lord and land!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Are Jill and Claire memorable designs?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A