• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Resident Evil 8 should be what RE4 was originally intended to be

User Info: resolution_evil

resolution_evil
1 month ago#1
Anyone remember early footage of RE4 and it was actually somewhat scary with a shadow man that had a hook for a hand that was stalking you? It had an almost supernatural element to it. I know there was a fan made game that tried to replicate the early footage (Resident Evil Code: Madman) but I don't know that it made it anywhere. I would like to see the next main entry in the series be maybe third person, horror oriented, and with the new RE engine, personally.

Here's a playthrough of the Madman demo btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyPgbPh9d-0

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 month ago#2
Yeah it might be neat. Really I just wanted 4 to be it.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 month ago#3
Loved the atmosphere of the 3.5 gameplay but the supernatural enemies fit more with SH than RE.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mxuvvvnHSQg

I hope we get another creepy mansion setting for RE8 like in the video above.

edward18
1 month ago#4
Well technically 4's beta took place in Spencer's castle which was an idea reused for 5.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
1 month ago#5
I thought RE fans didnt want supernatural s*** in RE
Remember remember the 1st of September...2014

edward18
1 month ago#6
It's not supernatural though. Leon's infected with the viral agent that H.C.F. attacks Spencer's castle with in the beta of 4 which causes him to hallucinate at times. I think it was supposed to make the player question what was an wasn't real so as to make them have a higher chance of wasting ammo.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 month ago#7
edward18 posted...
It's not supernatural though. Leon's infected with the viral agent that H.C.F. attacks Spencer's castle with in the beta of 4 which causes him to hallucinate at times. I think it was supposed to make the player question what was an wasn't real so as to make them have a higher chance of wasting ammo.

Visually it is supernatural though, even if it's just hallucinations. I'd rather RE just not go down that route.

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
1 month ago#8
ChiefStabaHoe posted...
I thought RE fans didnt want supernatural s*** in RE

didn't we already got RE7 already?

I want a game that talks more about Umbrella, and stop with the secrets to the end, I wanna learn more from previous games.
Most RE fans feel that way dumb*sz. It's pretty common to find people disliking ORC/6/movies for being over the top action as well as other reasons" REEEEE

edward18
1 month ago#9
What more is there to say about Umbrella? They found Progenitor, made T, made G, caused the Raccoon City Outbreak to happen, sold stuff to terrorists, and then Chris and Jill led the attack that destroyed Umbrella and Wesker made off with their stuff.

User Info: godofwar596

godofwar596
1 month ago#10
Leaks from a very reliable source are saying that RE8 is taking inspiration from the 3.5 build, so yea
"If you hate me get in line!"
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Resident Evil 8 should be what RE4 was originally intended to be
  • Topic Archived