• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. C/D: Resident Evil 2 is the best remake game of all time?

User Info: sailormoonfetis

sailormoonfetis
1 month ago#1
C/D: Resident Evil 2 is the best remake game of all time? - Results (71 votes)
Confirm - no other remake does it better than RE2
32.39% (23 votes)
Deny - that title belongs to RE1
49.3% (35 votes)
Deny - wait until you play RE3
5.63% (4 votes)
Deny - wait until you play Final Fantasy 7
5.63% (4 votes)
Deny - the best remake is (insert game here)
7.04% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I can't remember any other remake that gave me hype besides RE2 and Twin Snakes. Even Fatal Frame 2 on Wii didn't get me excited.
The best things about Japan: anime, manga, ryona and sushi.
Sailor Moon, producing ryona since 1992.

User Info: Four_Archfiends

Four_Archfiends
1 month ago#2
I'm going to wait and see how Resident Evil 3 Remake is.

R2make is a amazing game, within my top 3 Resident Evil games of all time. But I wouldn't call it the best Remake of all times, it still needs a tiny bit more for me to consider it to be the best Remake of all times.
Waiting for Senpai to blank me.

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
1 month ago#3
I would say Halo Anniversary is the best remake, and I don't even like Halo. It's a graphical remake, and you can change between the original and new graphics on the fly with the d-pad.
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: DigitalMorph

DigitalMorph
1 month ago#4
Maybe this game will prove me wrong (not likely and I doubt ff7 remake will), but REmake is easily the best remake of anything as far as I’m concerned
The Disco Biscuits are the best band ever

User Info: Spartan_Ghosts

Spartan_Ghosts
1 month ago#5
Only until April.

Actually Yakuza Kiwami 2 was a good remake.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 month ago#6
metroid zero mission gets that title for me
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Jonor57

Jonor57
1 month ago#7
I love REmake 2, but outside of the RE-series it has to go up against Super Castlevania 4, Majora's Mask 3D, among others for the title of best remake.
Yes, it just so happens that I do not share your opinion.

User Info: Malevolent_Moon

Malevolent_Moon
1 month ago#8
Nope. REmake is a better remake than REmake 2 imo. Doesn't take anything away, only adds to the game. Capcom created the golden standard for remakes with that one.
God's lonely man

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 month ago#9
Honestly, I haven't played that many remakes. The only ones I have played heavily was the Final Fantasy remake for the PS1, and RE2make. I haven't even played Halo Anniversary that much aside from just beating the game. I am looking forward to playing the Star Ocean remake though. I hear Tearaway was mighty impressive though.

WarGreymon77 posted...
I would say Halo Anniversary is the best remake, and I don't even like Halo.

It also made Halo's formerly offline only multiplayer available online (via newer releases), so it was a remake that managed to provide something entirely new at the same time.
Future Billionaire

User Info: Allen3388

Allen3388
1 month ago#10
As much as I adore re2remake i can't vote for it. They flubbed its story too much.

Remake 1 is the better remake, nothing changed, only enhanced. I am not even talking about the fixed camera or tank. They could have changed those and I would have been fine. Story wise it was perfect unlike re2remake
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. C/D: Resident Evil 2 is the best remake game of all time?
  • Topic Archived