• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Did you finish the original games without any guide?

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 month ago#51
I did, didn't learn about the quick gator kill in RE2 until many years later.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: SteelDragon2050

SteelDragon2050
1 month ago#52
ChaozCloud posted...
I did, didn't learn about the quick gator kill in RE2 until many years later.
Oooh. I understand that pain. Found out about it later, and said to myself "I wasted all that ammo on his big ass?" Ah, the lessons RE could teach us about gaming back then.

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
1 month ago#53
Man this brought me back. If only I kept all my PS1 magazines. No, I had this Tips n Tricks that had a Scenario A walkthrough that me and my buddy used for RE2:

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/5/1/1/AALejhAAAMVP.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D809OzU42Wo

User Info: Orasion_Seiz

Orasion_Seiz
1 month ago#54
I think i beat RE3 without a guide back in 1999. Took me a month to solve the water sample puzzle.
On this day I see clearly everything has come to life. A bitter place and a broken dream
And we'll leave it all, leave it all behind

User Info: Fiz57

Fiz57
1 month ago#55
I can't remember since I was a kid and English isn't my native tongue but I do remember played RECV and 4 with tips&trick book guide walkthrough.

RE3 no. RE2 I read a few answer to puzzle in other guidebook which I forgot but it didn't offered any walkthrough except for scenario A safe&puzzle solution.

I played oriRE1 later with tips&trick RE1RE gamecube walkthrough as reference. It did help somewhat in few places.

RE5 is when I already start using gamefaq but I already change where I read guide after beating the games. It amaze me when I learnt two bosses can be killed with grenades and co-op qte with the knife making that boss laughable since my first fight with him was a struggle with few ammo left including in my storage menu.
Cardboard boxes are amazing. You could use it to sneak around. Drop on someone to stun them. Heck if you aren't satisfy with ramming, try a tank through co-op.

User Info: jillsandwich89

jillsandwich89
1 month ago#56
I tend to use guides but I think I beat 2 without it. Survivor also
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Did you finish the original games without any guide?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A