• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Did you finish the original games without any guide?

User Info: sailormoonfetis

sailormoonfetis
1 month ago#1
Did you finish the original games without any guide? - Results (138 votes)
I beat the original 1-3 without using any guide (1,2,3)
65.22% (90 votes)
I beat only one game without using any guide (1 or 2 or 3)
13.77% (19 votes)
I couldn't beat one game without using a guide (1 or 2 or 3)
8.7% (12 votes)
I couldn't beat any of the three without using a guide (none)
12.32% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I played them in this order: 2 > 1 > 3 but completed them all without any guide in this order 2 > 3 > 1 since I have no access to internet back in the day (my country is poor during the 90's) and couldn't buy EGM magazines to look for a walkthrough.
The best things about Japan: anime, manga, ryona and sushi.
Sailor Moon, producing ryona since 1992.

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
1 month ago#2
Of course I didnt use a guide.

User Info: SteelDragon2050

SteelDragon2050
1 month ago#3
The internet wasn't all that great back when the originals came out. It threw me for a loop when i first tried arrange mode on directors cut, and everything was in different places.

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
1 month ago#4
Yes, 3, 1 and then 2. No guides.

After finishing the first one a few times, I looked up unlockable rewards, but aside from the requirements, never used guides.

The games aren’t “hard,” just take trial & error to figure out the proper path to take.
For any whom this post happens to offend, I can get you a great deal on a spine.

User Info: bluegender4ever

bluegender4ever
1 month ago#5
RE2 was the first one I beat. Originally rented it and got lost, had to rent it again another weekend to eventually get through it. No guide though,

I never beat RE1 until years and years later (like 2008?) because I didn't actually own it. I borrowed it from a cousin and got stuck looking for a MO disk or something near the end. Eventually pick it up for an emulator and got through on my own.

RE3 I pretty liberally used a magazine guide for, though it was only half of the game as I never got the other issue. It helped a lot with the random elements and gunpowder mixing.
23,000 Days in the fire was long enough, Robin, you've gone home...
RIP ROBIN WILLIAMS (July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014)
(message deleted)

User Info: Death_Shadow15

Death_Shadow15
1 month ago#7
I'm the one that likes to find out secrets, that said, i did beat RE Deadly Silence without one because Internet wasn't as great back then.

User Info: Tamondaichi

Tamondaichi
1 month ago#8
I remember for RE3 at least I had a gaming magazine with like 17 pages of walkthrough and how about which ammo to combine and all my friends wanted to borrow that issue from me. Those were the days.
Blocked.

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
1 month ago#9
I somehow got the "best" ending when playing RE1 on my first playthrough.
I thought the MO Disks were important and essential to completing the game, so I made sure I looked every nook and cranny for them.

I still remember that satisfaction I felt when I decoded the "John" puzzle all by myself.

And yeah, I didn't get internet until later.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Did you finish the original games without any guide?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A