• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Playing Revelations 2 for the first time, it's rough around the edges

User Info: Cybersai

Cybersai
6 days ago#1
I'm halfway into Chapter 3, and overall there's a decent game here, but it's really rough around the edges. It's essentially a low-budget direct-to-video Resident Evil game, which is what it essentially is, so it has a some moments of RE gameplay and some puzzles wrapped in an overall uneven package.

One thing that's odd about it is how uneven the difficulty is. I'm playing on Normal and sometimes they just throw way too many enemies at you with too little ammo. The fact that the enemies run straight at you instead of slowly like other games mean it's easier to miss shots at them and for them to hit you at least once.

The graphics also are really rough. I mean I'm not expecting RE2 remake quality but these look worse than Resident Evil 4 HD. Everything is really dark and fuzzy. I like Claire and Barry but the partner zapping system is also rough

User Info: windice93

windice93
6 days ago#2
Cybersai posted...
I'm halfway into Chapter 3, and overall there's a decent game here, but it's really rough around the edges. It's essentially a low-budget direct-to-video Resident Evil game, which is what it essentially is, so it has a some moments of RE gameplay and some puzzles wrapped in an overall uneven package.

One thing that's odd about it is how uneven the difficulty is. I'm playing on Normal and sometimes they just throw way too many enemies at you with too little ammo. The fact that the enemies run straight at you instead of slowly like other games mean it's easier to miss shots at them and for them to hit you at least once.

The graphics also are really rough. I mean I'm not expecting RE2 remake quality but these look worse than Resident Evil 4 HD. Everything is really dark and fuzzy. I like Claire and Barry but the partner zapping system is also rough
What!?!? The game is easy to me. Also it is a cheap game. They game was only like 30 bucks when it came out lol.

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
6 days ago#3
The Barry sections tend to be awful in comparison to the Claire sections.

Cybersai
6 days ago#4
windice93 posted...
What!?!? The game is easy to me. Also it is a cheap game. They game was only like 30 bucks when it came out lol.

There's several parts of the game they just randomly throw a bunch of enemies at you at once. Normal enemies, the big axe wielding one, the fire canon one, and the ones that explode when they get near you. It's ridiculous.

windice93
6 days ago#5
Cybersai posted...
There's several parts of the game they just randomly throw a bunch of enemies at you at once. Normal enemies, the big axe wielding one, the fire canon one, and the ones that explode when they get near you. It's ridiculous.

are you using the area and using Moira for items?

Cybersai
6 days ago#6
windice93 posted...

Yes. The CPU is a piece of crap though. Also there's not that much room to move around in certain areas.

User Info: gergdangbabim

gergdangbabim
6 days ago#7
windice93 posted...

Cybersai posted...

The dodge function exists for threat reason.

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
6 days ago#8
I liked the original Rev on 3DS but couldn't get into Rev 2 on PS4 for whatever reason

windice93
6 days ago#9
Cybersai posted...
Yes. The CPU is a piece of crap though. Also there's not that much room to move around in certain areas.
Which area are you stuck on exactly? The only part that I hated was those dam bugs but they had a cool death animation so I didn’t mind dying
It did feel a little half-baked, but I still liked it more than RE4-6 & Rev1, and the Raid mode was awesome fun as well.
For any whom this post happens to offend, I can get you a great deal on a spine.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Playing Revelations 2 for the first time, it's rough around the edges
  • Post New Message