• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do you think there aren't any legit gameplay videos yet?

User Info: Thundercats-Ho

Thundercats-Ho
1 week ago#1
Why do you think there aren't any legit gameplay videos yet?

Why do you think Capcom still haven't released any more gameplay videos for this all new upcoming edition of Resident Evil 3? Are they planning to rock our world with a home run or are the millennial devs just being lazy?
Thunder..Thunder...Thunder...Thunder Cats Hoooooooooo!

User Info: Crohnos

Crohnos
1 week ago#2
Could just want to keep it under wraps. Could be a massive direction change from REmake 2 and they’re afraid people will be put off by it.
Horror game enthusiast (91 completed)

User Info: Mehran456

Mehran456
1 week ago#3
Cause they're being a little dumb and are going overboard in not "spoiling too much"

But i can't believe people are saying "it's because they're not confident in it!" Or "it's cause it's not gonna be as good as REmake 2!"

i get where they're coming from but can we be just a little more patient before jumping to conclusions?
This is my signature
Do you like it?
Two reasons, I suspect.

1. They don’t want to overshadow Project REsistence, which will be the real money-maker if they monetize it.
  2. They don’t want to show something fans might complain about, legitimate or trivial, that they might then have to fix before release rather than patch later.

They may also have something so exciting that they don’t want to show it off until tight before release in order to capitalize on impulse-sales and immediate hype.
For any whom this post happens to offend, I can get you a great deal on a spine.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Tbar67

Tbar67
1 week ago#5
Because you touch yourself at night.
Colonel- "Hurry Raiden! The president needs you, I think."

User Info: McLahey

McLahey
1 week ago#6
Because they're going to rely on brand name and RE2make's coattails to sell it rather than actual quality.
"It's raining again."
McLahey posted...
Because they're going to rely on brand name and RE2make's coattails to sell it rather than actual quality.

if you know anything about the development of the ps1 version of re3 you'd know...thats what they did that time too...and it worked out fine.

User Info: Lord Sojiro

Lord Sojiro
1 week ago#8
Because it's going to play like RE2.

User Info: Crimson_Storm

Crimson_Storm
1 week ago#9
Like @Mehran456 said, they are going overboard with the whole “not showing to much/keeping fans in the dark” approach.

Whether it plays similar to RE2 remake or not, gameplay should still be displayed.
I'll never long for what might have been

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 week ago#10
Probably because there isn't much of anything "new" for them to show. Capcom probably thinks newcomers who haven't played RE3 will think "Oh, it's just RE2 remake but with a different character". Still shouldn't be an excuse to not show anything.

Honestly makes me wonder the budget for this game, seeing they probably reused many assets. They must not be worried to much about how much it'll sell if they're only relying on 2 trailers for the game with zero proper gameplay footage or coverage.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do you think there aren't any legit gameplay videos yet?
  • Post New Message