• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Where does Resident Evil rank among your top 10 franchise gaming franchises?

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
2 weeks ago#21
gergdangbabim posted...
Believe it or not, CV was considered the pinnacle of console graphics when it was released.

Thank you, but I was alive at the time and yes the graphics were impressive. However, a game needs more than graphics to be good.

Vegeta1000 posted...
What did RECV do wrong?

It just isn't fun.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
2 weeks ago#22
ChaozCloud posted...

It just isn't fun.

I disagree. It does have some ridiculous backtracking, but imo it had the best gameplay in the series before RE4.
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
Switch FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
2 weeks ago#23
Vegeta1000 posted...
it had the best gameplay in the series before RE4.
Can't be true because RE3 had a dodge, 180 turn, stairs walking, and object aiming. CVX lacked all those features and it was essentially a downgrade in everything other than graphics.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
2 weeks ago#24
Quality fluctuates too wildly within a franchise to judge by that. It's just too difficult.

The only franchise I can say has been consistently awesome, so much so that clones also tend to be awesome just because they used the same formula, is Dark Souls.
Future Billionaire
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
2 weeks ago#25
Vegeta1000 posted...
I disagree. It does have some ridiculous backtracking, but imo it had the best gameplay in the series before RE4.

Like I said, all subjective. The backtracking and the layout of the areas makes the game a chore to me.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
2 weeks ago#26
Hero3ziz posted...
Can't be true because RE3 had a dodge, 180 turn, stairs walking, and object aiming. CVX lacked all those features and it was essentially a downgrade in everything other than graphics.

Both games were being developed at the same time. RECV was originally RE3. And no you're wrong about RECV being a downgrade. RECV introduced:

• Full 3D environments
  • Retries
  • First Person shooting
  • Dual wielding
  • Using items without adding it to inventory
  • Survival knife that's actually useful

RE3 certainly had improvements, but it felt a lot like RE2.5. RECV felt more like a true sequel to RE2.
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
Switch FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: angolmoa

angolmoa
2 weeks ago#27
legend of legaia
Breath of fire
chono trigger/cross
tales game. Ect.
Love video game much as life it self=)

User Info: ZoaMang

ZoaMang
2 weeks ago#28
Zelda, Resident Evil, then Dragon Quest.
RIP

User Info: McLahey

McLahey
2 weeks ago#29
#1: Resident Evil
#2: Fire Emblem
#3: Final Fantasy

Don't really feel strongly enough past those three.

Hero3ziz posted...
Code: Veronica has quick turn.
"It's raining again."

User Info: ohdenny88

ohdenny88
2 weeks ago#30
SaGa
Final Fantasy
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Soulsbourne
The Elder Scrolls
Persona
Dragon Quest
Parasite Eve
Crash Bandicoot

Or something like that
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Where does Resident Evil rank among your top 10 franchise gaming franchises?
  • Post New Message